x

Reader connection

Hi new to square. I purchased a square reader yesterday and downloaded software reader connects to my iPhone shows up in app but doesn’t connect to app. Keeps saying update required. Need to update pos. But its the latest. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Allan

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @allanmills001,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the seller community 😊 🥳

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your reader to your phone. Are you connecting the reader through the Square Point of Sale app?

You might want to try going through the Square Reader troubleshooting steps. Lastly, if you're still stuck pairing your reader, give our team a call on 1800 760 137, between Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Melbourne time. 

Please let us know how you go with the troubleshooting steps! 

Message 2 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes. And yes been through all the steps of uninstalling the app restarting my phone loging in and out. Will give them a call thanks. 

Message 3 of 5

My reader is not working on my iPad anymore and I’m not able to update my system WHY????

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Topendarts,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble connecting your Square Reader to your iPad. I've merged your post to this thread, where someone had the same question. We merge posts in the community to make answers easier to find. 

Message 5 of 5