x

Set up paypal

Hi all,

Just trying to link PayPal as a payment option for my store;

I go to online store>settings>checkout> PayPal> "finish setup"

and get the following message:

To connect a PayPal account you need to log into your existing PayPal business account or create a new one. Go to PayPal to start.

Once you're logged into your PayPal business account, you will need to follow these instructions to grant Weebly permission to connect.

The problem is the "these instructions" link takes me to the main Square support page.

Can anyone direct me to the instructions or tell me what the steps are in the PayPal side to link it to Weebly/Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @CandleSpirit,

I took a further look into this - it looks like any Weebly URLs are now redirecting to corresponding Square support article when you're logged into your Square account. They should in theory redirect you to another support article on our website, however I could not find one for this issue. I've flagged this with out Content team so we can get this fixed.

In the meantime, so you don't get redirected away from the guide and back to Square's support homepage, I recommend opening a new browser tab in an incognito window then going to https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en/topics/why-cant-i-connect-to-paypal-as-a-payment-processor . An alternative would be to log out of both Square Dashboard and Square Online Store then click the link - as long as you're not currently logged into your Square account on the same browser it should take you to this page (the below is all that fit into one screen capture, but follow the above steps to see the full page!):

Sorry for the inconvenience here, the above workaround should give you the full guide!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2