x

Setting Up Happy Hour Prices with Self Ordering

I am setting up Self Ordering with QR codes for my restaurant but I want to set up our Discount pricing on items like a happy hour. How do I do this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Aoife,

Thanks for writing back in to the community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

You can set up Online Discount Coupons, and share the discount code with your customers, for example via a sign on their table next to the QR code. Another option could be to temporarily edit your prices during your happy hour, however this might prove a bit clunky if you have a lot of items that are included in the happy hour offer. 

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions around discounts ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 6

Hey Arie,

Thanks for the reply. Is this the only way? I have both drink and food specials that change daily. Having to get customers to manually put in a code to receive the discount is going to cause a lot of issues. Is there no way to have the prices change on days and times like we usually had?

Message 3 of 6

While you can set up automatic discounts for specific items and times for the Point of Sale, this isn't available for Square Online, and self serve ordering just yet @Aoife. We're tracking this as a feature request at the moment - you can get notified about any updates by clicking on thread options > subscribe in this thread, where we're tracking this request. 

Message 4 of 6

Ok cool. Can I set up a category, say โ€œMonday Specialsโ€ that will only appear online on a Monday at a certain time? And have my special items in there? 

Message 5 of 6

Yes, absolutely @Aoife, time based categories can help here! We have a set up guide here that actually uses "Monday Specials" as an example. 

Please let us know how you go ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 6