x
Beta Member

Shipping not added on checkout

Hi there,

I've just set up weight-based shipping, so that I can more accurately reflect postage costs, rather than using flat rate sending.

I updated all my products to include a weight, and I've followed the Australia Post shipping rates and added the following:

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 17.45.49.png

I just received an order, which should have had shipping calculated at $12.20, however, no shipping was charged at all.

I'm a little bit stumped by this.  The default fallback rate was also not charged.

Any clues?

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Update... worked it out.  I misconfigured how I set up the rates.. I added a NEW second region for australia, instead of adding another option in the existing region.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Beta Member

Best Answer

Update... worked it out.  I misconfigured how I set up the rates.. I added a NEW second region for australia, instead of adding another option in the existing region.

Message 2 of 30
Admin

Hey @Josie-DVH,

Thanks for your message.

Good to hear you worked out a solution in the meantime! This will come in handy if any other sellers are seeing the same issue, thank you for posting your solution 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 30

Howdy,  having issues trying to sort our shipping and postage with online checkout.  I'm unable to set a new 'Australia" region, so wondering how you did this and why it would work. 

Message 4 of 30
Admin

Hey @jengocreative,

Are you seeing any error messages? This should be doable via the shipping settings in the Online dashboard. Once you create a region for Australia you can set multiple shipping rates under it:

Are you seeing any errors when you're trying to do this?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 30

Hi

I am experiencing the same issue. I updated the shipping rates for Australia, but the changes were not reflected in the online store. I then followed the advice of adding a second Australia region to my shipping section, but looks like once you have Australia as a region, you can't add it a second time. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Message 6 of 30
Admin

Hey @scrapsscratches,

Once you have added Australia as a region, you won't be able to add it again.

What you want to add is more Shipping Rates, not shipping regions. If you look at the above screenshot, you can see the blue "Add shipping rate" button under "Australia" - can you try this and seeing if it lets you add more rates?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 30

Unfortunately, I don’t have a button to add more shipping rates.
Only options are to add regions or edit existing regions.

Message 8 of 30
Admin

@scrapsscratches That definitely sounds odd! The next step would be to get in touch with support, who will be able to look specifically into how you have things set up on the account and troubleshoot accordingly. You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 30
Admin

Hey @jengocreative,

If you just want to use checkout links rather than the full website you should be able to.

It sounds like you may simple need to set up pickup / delivery options and ensure the item is marked as available for all fulfillment methods. You'll want to go to your Online Dashboard then Items and make sure your items are set to be fulfilled:

Hope this helps, let me know if I've misunderstood anything!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 30

hello Seamus,   (and other frustrated punters!). 

I'll go back and have a look at this as I am trying to set up links to get paid for our items. We don't want the whole online store and would like to remove that, but apparently once you open that option it stays forever!  (Unlike other sites where you can delete and start again, this is something that you are stuck with and we are only small operators at this stage trying to get going so we can use subscriptions, paid sites etc!)

I tried several options, shipping, delivery, onsite collection as we can do all three, however it didn't present two of them when I tried to checkout the item from the 'sell and item' link.  Added in shipping options, then reading the help forums tried to set more up, nowt happened, so went back to removing them.  We have to have rethink as to whether Square is suitable going forward. 

cheerio for now

Message 11 of 30

I'm having the same trouble too. I don't actually have that blue button to add shipping rate ?? None of my items have any shipping added at the check out?

Message 12 of 30
Square

Hi @KICreative, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. The blue button to add a shipping rate lives in the Online > Fulfillment > Shipping section of your Dashboard. You can create and add rates from there.

Once your item is in the checkout, the rates you have created will be generated after the customer has added in their address details. Let us know how you go 👍

Message 13 of 30

I like how you have set up your shipping, as I am about to set up our shipping, could tell me if you offer 

express shipping? Can this be done as another option.

Message 14 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JuzEl,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our Seller Community 👋 

You can set up another shipping rate if you're offering express shipping. To set this up:

1. Go to your Square Online Dashboard

2. Select Fulfilment > Shipping.

3. Click Edit > Add another rate.
  4. From there, choose Flat rate and name the shipping rate, e.g Express Shipping, and a price.
  5. Click done when you're finished to save these changes. 

I hope this helps! 

Message 15 of 30

Thank you for your response, I'm going to give it a go. Currently we just have one standard shipping but for larger items we are loosing money.

Message 16 of 30

If you've got bulky, or heavy items, setting up weight based shipping rates could be another option @JuzEl. More on weight based shipping here - please let us know how you go!

Message 17 of 30

Uh yes this has happened to me to!!

Message 18 of 30

Hi @Bonita_Bella,

Thanks for writing in, I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Can you let us know a bit more about how you've set up your shipping rates? 

Message 19 of 30

I am trying to set up shipping for my site and having a very difficult time.. I'm trying to achieve: 

• Flat rate $10 for orders under X Value
  • Free shipping for orders over X Value
  • Optional to add express shipping at a flat rate regardless of total spend

I have set up a rule for me free shipping value which worked for 1 day and is now not charging shipping at all (regardless if the order is above or below X value) and there is still no option for express.. 

I've followed all of the steps above and still not having any luck! How do I make this happen?

Message 20 of 30

Same issues

Message 21 of 30