x

Signature setting is not shown on admin panel,

I am wanting to enable the signature screen when cards are swiped. In settings the signature option is not shown?

Also, I currently do not have a printer set up so I would like to have the receipt option (to text or email) to come up after EVERY card payment. 

Also, how do I view in a report of the customer name who paid by card?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @qhpirates,

Thanks for getting in touch!

1) We don't presently have a feature to enable a signature screen when reading a card - in Australia signatures on credit card transactions have actually been superseded by PINs, so a card will request PIN entry when required. The amount can vary from card to card - most cards will ask for a PIN for transactions $100 and above, some will ask for a PIN at lower amounts.

You may still find a signature screen will pop up on occasion - often when you swipe an international credit card without a chip, or if you enter a manually keyed payment. Note that if you're entering a manually keyed payment (eg if you're taking a payment over the phone) you can skip this screen.

2) To ensure the receipt screen appears after every transaction, on the POS app go to Settings > Receipt and make sure "Skip Receipt Screen" is toggled off.

3) By default we don't capture a customer's details when you process a card transaction. If you'd like to manually record customer info on a transaction you can do so by using the customer directory. To read more about this check out https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5532-manage-your-customer-directory-from-the-square-app

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @qhpirates,

Thanks for getting in touch!

1) We don't presently have a feature to enable a signature screen when reading a card - in Australia signatures on credit card transactions have actually been superseded by PINs, so a card will request PIN entry when required. The amount can vary from card to card - most cards will ask for a PIN for transactions $100 and above, some will ask for a PIN at lower amounts.

You may still find a signature screen will pop up on occasion - often when you swipe an international credit card without a chip, or if you enter a manually keyed payment. Note that if you're entering a manually keyed payment (eg if you're taking a payment over the phone) you can skip this screen.

2) To ensure the receipt screen appears after every transaction, on the POS app go to Settings > Receipt and make sure "Skip Receipt Screen" is toggled off.

3) By default we don't capture a customer's details when you process a card transaction. If you'd like to manually record customer info on a transaction you can do so by using the customer directory. To read more about this check out https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5532-manage-your-customer-directory-from-the-square-app

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2