x

Site Design - advanced colour options & popup question

Hi, I am feeling a little muddled. In my Site Design I have my main colour and accent colour. I have a sticky header in my site so the categories, cart etc scroll with the page. This sticky header is a different colour than my accent colour. When I go into Advanced Colour settings my accent colour (which is what I want) appears in the Button colours but not the site background colours.  I assume that the site background colour is the one I need to change to have the scrolling header be the same colour as my site, but how can I get that colour to appear in my site background colours?

Also I have a popup that is stuck to the top of my page, is there any way to get that to scroll down as someone goes down the page i.e the same as the sticky header does?

kind regards Robyn 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @RobbieB, welcome back!

As a starting point, I want to check that you've tried changing the header colour from the header section by selecting Customise > Background Colour > Custom Colour under the Header component in the web editor.

Upon a test this appears to let you select from a range of different pre-set main and accent colours:

Let me know if this helps, or if this is something you've tried already!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

HI Seamus, yes I have tried that.  The header on my main page is the correct colour. The issue is when you are scrolling down and the sticky header then changes to a different colour.  When I go into Site Design I have set my Main and Accent Colour for my website.  When I then click on Advanced Colour option, there are three colours in the 'Site Background' section (white, a pinkish white and black) and three in the 'Buttons" section (my main colour and accent colour and black).  It appears that the Site Background section determines the colour of the sticky header since I have experimented and each changes the colour of the sticky header to one of those three colours, and the Buttons section changes the colour of the Quick Shop button etc which is the colour I want so thats not an issue.  Its not a HUGE problem if I cant change the Site Background section to include my Accent colour but it seems a bit strange that there is not the option to include the accent colour that is on every page of my website.  Sorry the pic isnt clear that the light colours are different, but they are ๐Ÿ™‚

Screenshot 2021-04-12 135747.png

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@RobbieB it does strike me as a little strange, especially given I have an extra colour available in my test screenshots vs yours.

I'm a little stumped with this one - it may be worth contacting support to inquire further, as they will be able to imitate your account and have a further look into how things are set up and test a few different things. I've also asked our eCommerce team and will let you know if i hear back from them overnight (they're US based) ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Seamus...I get the colour array when I go into header too, but it's in Site Manager thats the issue and that gives me the limited options as per the picture...Thanks for trying though โ˜บ๏ธ

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @RobbieB,

One more idea here - would it be possible to save a block of the exact colour you want as an image and then upload the image as a background?

It's a bit of a different way of approaching the issue, but may work!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6