x
Beta Member

Unable to schedule orders in the cart ERROR

Hey All, 

I seem to be having some sort of error showing up with scheduling orders in the cart. 

Ive been made aware of this from customers unable to select what should otherwise be an available day. 

Having tested it myself I can confirm that once you start the checkout process you can schedule as expected but cannot in the actual cart. 

This seems to be a relatively recent issue (but I have only just been made aware of it so not sure how long its been happening). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @CakesbyDrew,

Is this an error you're able to replicate and screenshot at all?

This isn't something I've seen in the past, but took a look just now and it appeared to be working ok:

If you can let me know what the error message said or get an image I may be able to provide some more context here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hey! 

Basically, I cannot select any days beyond 2 weeks and the month toggles stop working preventing me from going past December or returning to November once I've navigated away from it. There should be options to select almost every Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the next 3 months (some dates are blocked out but most should be available). 

As I mentioned earlier, I am able to choose from the dates as expected once in the checkout section. 

I'll attach some pictures for you but if you want to test it yourself, feel free to jump over to my site: www.cakesbydrew.com 

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.13.01 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.18.16 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.13.59 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.13.14 am.png

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

@Seamus Okay interestingly, I just went back out of the checkout into the cart and the dates display as expected in the cart. So something is happening here where a setting (maybe?) stops the dates from showing up but once you start to checkout it works and then shows properly in the cart. 

No idea what might be happening but it is understandably frustrating for customers wanting to book in and not being able to select a date. Who knows how many customers haven't ordered thinking I was fully booked?!! 

EDIT: Refreshing the site or switching between pickup and delivery returns back to the original problem. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.29.50 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-23 at 11.29.36 am.png

Message 4 of 7
Admin

@CakesbyDrew Without getting too technical it sounds like it's possibly a caching error, which is usually pretty easily solved with a browser refresh and can sometimes happen if you've (or your customers) have visited a website previously and in between not cleared their cache / history in the meantime. It's something I don't specifically recall seeing on Square Online, but can happen from time to time with websites in general. If you see this (or have customers report it), are you able to ask they simply refresh the page and see if that fixes the issue? If it still doesn't fix things, holding down the Shift key while pressing refresh (or performing a full cache clear in the web browser) should do it.

Though let me know if it's something you can otherwise get a screenshot of or replicate, a caching error strikes me as the most obvious thing but it doesn't mean that's definitely the answer. How many reports of this have you seen?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

@Seamus Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have cleared the Cache and used multiple devices and all of them have the same problem. 

The screenshots above show you what I can see on the customer facing side. No selectable dates and no ability to move beyond December. If this was working correctly, almost every Thur, Fri and Sat from now until Feb should be selectable. 

Ive included a video of me trying to select dates to hopefully demonstrate better what the issue is. This was done after both refreshing and clearing the cache. 

In doing so I actually discovered that if I select the one date available (in this case the 2/12) I can go back into it and select from all the available dates. Switching between pickup/delivery resets it and makes everything un-selectable/unavailable again. Refreshing the page also reverts the dates back to being un-selectable/unavailable. 

I’ve been specially told by 3 separate people of the issue in the last few days but as I mentioned before, don’t know how many people encountered the issue and just didn't tell me. (Perhaps completely unrelated but sales have been down the past few weeks so it may be as a result of people thinking I am unavailable - just thinking out loud). 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@CakesbyDrew the best way to get this investigated further would be to get in touch with support to report the issue - if they are unaware of any present bugs or are unable to solve the issue for you, they'll be able to file a bug report for our engineers to investigate further.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "More" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Note that if you email, you'll need to wait for a reply to upload your images/videos - my recommendation is to give them a call to report the issue and if it's not solvable, have them shoot you an email that you can immediately respond to with all the details. 

One last thing to check though - from what you've posted the issue potentially has to do with time-slot allocation and how many are available. If you look at your settings, nothing has changed here from your usual setup?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 7