x

Why my android device (Samsung Galaxy tab) is not able to connect SP712 USB receipt printer??

I'm using Square card reader device connecting my android device (Samsung Galaxy Tab) without any problem, and I recently bought a receipt printer (Star Micronics SP712 USB model) to use as a kitchen printer.

I have checked the compatibility of this printer SP712MU (usb model) with Android from Square official website, so I bought one and tried to set up the printer to use but my android device is not able to search this printer.

The printer and android device are connected with OTG (On The Go) adapter, but all I can see is 'No Printers Available' in Create Printer Station setting of Square app.

Am I the only one having this problem or it's a common issue to use this printer with Android system?

That would be much appreciated if anybody leave some comments how to solve this issue.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @namoplus,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you've had trouble setting up your printer.

Have you checked that your Android device supports USB OTG or USB Host mode?

It might actually be a good idea to give our support team a call for this one - they'll be able to take a better look into your operating environment and troubleshoot this one over the phone with you! You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hey @Seamus 

Yes, my androi device version is 9, and is supporting OTG connection.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @namoplus,

Your best bet for further troubleshooting on this one is to call our support hotline - they'll be able to take you through a few more troubleshooting steps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4