x

Why don't I have Apple Pay or Google Pay toggle options in my Checkout settings?

Why don't I have Apple Pay or Google Pay toggle options in my Checkout settings?

Hi there! I'm trying to enable Apple Pay and Google Pay on my online store. However when I go to Online Store > Settings > Checkout, there are no toggle options for me to enable Apple or Google Pay that is otherwise shown on the tutorial help page here: https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/7014-accept-payments. Help please!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Why don't I have Apple Pay or Google Pay toggle options in my Checkout settings?

Exciting news: Apple Pay and Google Pay are now available for Square Online stores  🥳 Learn how to enable this for your store here. Thank you all for adding your feedback to this feature request, and contributing to our Seller Community! 

@yenqinceramics @jessicaOYUKI @winsonnlamm @jamtin @NikoOmeio @ArcticMist @ShowShineTools @GlennPresents @DrJonBones @DigitalTree @HandyItems @vegetableroot @bashk @SpanishClubwa 

38 Comments

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find information about adding Apple Pay option for our online store which uses Square (without any hardware).

Can you please advise if this is possible and if so, where to find information about setting it up?

Thanks!

Admin

Hey @EvaVS,

At the moment unfortunately Apple Pay is not available on Square's Online Store. As far as I'm aware this isn't on our product road map, however I'll pass your feedback on to our product team as way of tracking demand.

All the best!

Admin

Hey @yenqinceramics,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I checked and it looks like Apple and Google pay are not presently available for Square Online Store in Australia. I do believe this is in the works, but is only currently available in the US. I've requested an amendment to this help article.

Apologies for the confusion here, please let me now if you have any questions! I'll update this thread once I hear of this feature becoming available in Australia.

Ah that explains it! Thanks @Seamus for your quick reply.

Hi I can't seem to see this option to Enable Apple Pay and Google Pay. Select Settings > Checkout > Toggle on Accept Apple Pay and/or Accept Google Pay. This is because you don't offer it in Australia?

Admin

Hey @jamtin,

I moved your message to this thread, where we are tracking this feature request.

I do believe it's in the development pipeline, I'll update this thread once I hear more!

Any updates on when Australia will have access to Apple Pay and Google Pay?

Admin

@jessicaOYUKI no updates at the moment unfortunately! I'll tag everyone in this thread when I do hear of anything! 

Hi! Please tag me as well when this feature becomes available. Apple Pay is a key feature for our online service as it is by far the most common checkout option currently used by our customers. Thank you

Admin

Will do @NikoOmeio