x
Beta Member

iphone app appointment alert notifications

Hey everyone, 

I'm wondering if there is a way to have my iphone alert me 10 mins before an appointment begins.

Due to the nature of my work I am away from the front door for most of the day, I'd like my phone to warn me 10 mins before a confirmed appointment so I can be ready to meet a client. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @petesews,

Thanks for reaching out!

This should be possible via syncing Square Appointments to a Google Calendar, then syncing the Google Calendar to your Apple iCalendar.

There's some advice on doing this in this thread and some general advice on using Google Calendar with Square Appointments here.

Once you have this set up then all you'd need to do is ensure your iCal is set to ping you notifications 10 minutes before appointments start. I actually have this setup myself on my iPhone, only without Square Appointments - so my work Google Calendar feeds into my the calendar on my iPhone to ping me 10 minutes before meetings.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks @Seamus

I suspected that I would have to do that. I don't use Google Calendar but it sounds like I may have to in order to link my iCal to my Square Appointments.

Do you know if there is a plan to link Appointment directly with iCal?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@petesews I've not heard of any plans to link Appointments directly with iCal unfortunately. Your best bet is going to be to set up a Google Calendar link. The good news is that once you set it up you shouldn't need to do much more!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4