x

multiple chip users

Hello, 

Im totally new to this so please excuse my potentially stupid question...

I am a musician using the chip to sell my bands merchandise (tshirts, CDs, Records) at or shows. Currently its only my iphone linked with the chip and when one of my band mates relieves me from behind the merch desk i have to leave them with my phone because im not sure how we can set it up so that they can use their own phones but all the payments go to the same band bank account (which happens to be my personal bank account)  for example.

5 different users/phones, 1 chip and 1 bank account. 

Also i have set up items in my phone account so will they have to go thru the hole process of entering all the different items on each of their phones? ie T**bleep**s, hats, cds etc. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Kyu55,

Love your username🤘Always great to encounter another Kyuss fan!

Your bandmates can take payments on their own phones as long as they are using a compatible mobile device. There are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Any compatible device can log in with the username / password on the Square POS app.

2) You can set up your bandmates with team management or device codes to log into the app on their phones.

Once logged in they will need to pair their phone to the card reader. Note the reader can only be paired with one phone/tablet at a time. If someone else has used the reader prior, it's best the forget the reader from both their phone's bluetooth and the Square app (via settings/card readers).

Keep in mind you'll need a stable internet connection - venue WiFi or mobile data with both work fine provided the connection is stable. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Gday Seamus. 
🤘 Kyuss 🤘

so with option 1. Any compatible device can log in with the username / password on the Square POS app.

does this mean they would use the same log in / password as I have created? 
so potentially all 5 of us could be logged in with one of us connected and using the chip at any one time? 
for eg. we all log in at the start of the night using the same login/password. who ever ends up behind the merch desk selling our goods is connected to the chip, when he gets relieved he disconnects from the chip and the next person connects. All the while any sales made by any five of us have gone thru to the same bank account. 
thanks for your time mate. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey again @Kyu55,

Yes, all 5 of you could log into the same account on the app on different phones at the same time, then switch the reader between phones as needed.

Option 1 would indeed be just giving everyone the login email and password, where Option 2 is a more secure way of giving others access to taking payments on the app without giving access to the back end to make changes (eg changing the bank account and email address for the Square account).

To prevent issues just make sure to forget the reader from Bluetooth and the Square app when making the switch, and give it a test in a non-gig environment beforehand to make sure it's all working as you need it and everyone knows what to do come the time of use!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4