x

square pin problems on latest ipad pro

I have been using Square for ages and love it.

This Week I bought the new and lates released iPad Pro (only released in the last few weeks in Australia) 

everyday works but when the customer needs to key in their pin it’s like the screen locks up and it won’t let them, they may be able to enter one digit but no more.

sales under the $100 threshold are fine.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Jordandogtrain,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having issues with Square on your new iPad!

Because this device has only just been released, we're still working on building in compatibility for it. The issue you're seeing is related to changes Apple have made with the way the iPad touch screen works - because the tech behind it works a little differently to past iPads, we are seeing some touch screen issues when using our POS app on the latest iPads.

Our engineering team are presently working on a fix for this issue in a forthcoming update to our iOS app. I don't have an ETA at the moment, but given the popularity of Apple devices it's hopefully not too far away. In the meantime, we recommend using another compatible device.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2