x

you do not have access to point of sale for any locations

Help... Have been using square for ages with no issues until recently.... I cant log in to my POS on my ipad or my iphone. ipad has NOT had an update. It says the following when I log in with either my password OR using deviced code: "You do not have access to point of sale for any locations" I can sign into my square dashboard fine. Cant accept any payments though just before xmas arghhhhh! Is there an easy fix to this?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Glad you got it working again @Tahlia!

For future reference, if anyone else is seeing the same POS app log-in issue, it occurs if you've deactivated all of your Locations via the online Dashboard.

It can be resolved by logging into your online dashboard on a web browser and ensuring you've got at least one location set to active ๐Ÿ‘

If you're not able to access anything at all via the Dashboard, you may have deactivated your master location - support can help in this case, call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

All good worked it out - for future reference if anyone else has this problem its under settings > location > and you need to press SET LOCATION - for some reason it had unchecked without my knowledge. 

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

@Tahlia, If you could explain a bit more what your solution was so I understand if someone else has the issue.  I don't see any location settings, are you talking in the Square POS app or in the Square dashboard online?  Maybe because I have multiple locations my Square dashboard settings are different.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Glad you got it working again @Tahlia!

For future reference, if anyone else is seeing the same POS app log-in issue, it occurs if you've deactivated all of your Locations via the online Dashboard.

It can be resolved by logging into your online dashboard on a web browser and ensuring you've got at least one location set to active ๐Ÿ‘

If you're not able to access anything at all via the Dashboard, you may have deactivated your master location - support can help in this case, call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

Hello- none of this is helpful. I canโ€™t log back into my square app therefor I canโ€™t change the location settings. I need to get back into my square account to do so... can someone actually help me log back in? Iโ€™m pretty sure this has happened before and if it hasnโ€™t then wow. 
I canโ€™t log into my square account. It says the location thing. 

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @Strictlylashy,

It sounds like you may have deactivated the master location (the default one made when you first set up the account).

Support can help you fix this - you can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Once you get in touch please let me know whether they were able to resolve the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 7

Hi.. I also need some help!

My POS on tablet, Square terminal and my phone are not matching too!

on my Samsung tablet and my Square terminal is "Kedaiku" but on my phone is "Kedai". I might deleted locations because I don't really have other locations. Items at "Kedaiku" and "kedai" are not matching. Also the sales report from "Kedaiku" are none!

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7