x

Add On / Upsell at checkout on Square Online website to suggest related items

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store: Item suggestion

POS Feature request?

Is there an option to have an item tied to another item that when one of those items is added to the cart...the other item would pop up as a suggestion for the employee to mention as an addon / upsell?  

Message 1 of 39
3 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Popping in with a related update about this feature request! 🎉

We recently introduced this capability to Self Serve Ordering! Sellers who are using Self Serve Ordering can now include a Customers Also Purchased section that indicates the 4 most frequently purchased items.

I know most of the folks who posted into this thread are looking for this capability for online orders, but I wanted to drop in before that comes to life to let you know that progress is being made. I'll be sure to touch back on this thread when I have more relevant news to share 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 39
Alumni

Best Answer

Another relevant update! 🎉

Last month, we launched cross-selling items as part of the Square Online order experience by presenting a selection of products that complement the item being viewed. By presenting your customers with a small selection of complementary products that are relevant to the item they are viewing, your customers can opt to include them in their purchase. We included an update about this feature here within these release notes.

To enable cross-selling:

1. Head to the site editor and open the Order Online page
  2. Select Item list > Details lightbox
  3. Check the box to enable cross-selling
  4. Click Done and re-publish your site
Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 39
Alumni

Best Answer

Let's do a quick walkthrough of how to use the Similar Items feature!

Start by heading to your Square Online overview page > Website > Edit Site:

Click the Page dropdown selector, then scroll to the Item Pages section, and click an item to view the item page.
Here, you'll see an option called Similar Items - if you hover over it, you'll see a toggle option:

You'll want to be sure to toggle this ON, and you can click it to edit the settings.

If you want different text to appear instead of Similar Items - you can customize that!

Just click on the text, and you can edit it:

I hope this helps! 
Please let us know if you have questions 

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Admin

Hey @cmoney!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

We don't currently have the option to have add-on items that are linked together. We do have modifiers though, which might be a useful alternative. They look like this when associated with an item in the Online Store:

Modifiers can be added in the Items section of the Online Dashboard.

I can see from a marketing point of view how your suggestion would be helpful. I know plenty of restaurants that pair certain food items together so that if you add one to the cart, it offers the other. I will definitely pass that suggestion onto the appropriate team. Thanks again.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 39
Beta Member

It would be really helpful, and make Square more money as well, if we had a feature to suggest up-sells when someone is buying products, the way they're used to on other sites. This is a very common feature on e-commerce sites. Is this something you're planning on adding?

Message 3 of 39

Agree... please add this feature! We're considering switching e-commerce platforms since we are missing out on potential up-sells or related items during checkout process.

Message 4 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice in support of this feature, @Kobra916! We've noted it and passed your feedback along to our Product Teams. We will continue to update this thread with relevant updates as we have them.

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 5 of 39
Beta Member

I know there is a software called Boost Sales from Beeketing that says it works with Weebly for add on and upsell functionality. Does the Square Online/Weebly store support this software? Beeketing is no longer supporting Boost Sales outside of their ShopBase platform but I am willing to take the chance to get this functionality. Using modifiers is not a great work around because you lose all functionality associated with the item such as stock counts and item specific modifiers.

Message 6 of 39

It's 2020 and I can't find an option to add "related products" to the bottom of an item page. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere. Hello?

Message 7 of 39
Alumni

Hey @SublimeFrench -

You're right, your question was answered on this thread I moved you to, but unfortunately it's not the answer you're looking for.

We're continuously tracking all requests related to an add-on/upsell feature with the Online Store. Subscribe to this thread to get future updates on its availability.  

Justin
Message 8 of 39

People have been asking for this functionality since 2016 given the multiple requests I found online. That’s a loooong time to brush aside a super common feature for online stores. My guess is that I will end up migrating to another provider. I would love to hear why Square/weebly are dragging their feet on a no-brainer. It’s your turn.

Message 9 of 39

Square developers,

Please take this request for one-click upsells seriously. One-click upsells are ESSENTIAL. This feature typically increases sales 1.5-2x for e-commerce stores (on the low end). You would EASILY DOUBLE your processing volume immediately, not to mention opening up your services to a huge market. Listen to your customers. We like you as a payment gateway, but the one-click upsell feature is an Achilles heel of Square. I would be happy to explain this feature further. Has this feature been in the discussion? What's the latest update for your customers? Thanks.

Message 10 of 39

Was there an announcement at some point that there was going to be the option to allow suggested or recommended items once someone added something to their cart? I could swear I saw an announcement to that effect back in April or so but I can't find anything about it or that feature in the settings.

If this is not presently available, are there any plans to add it?

Also, even though it's not related to this thread, stating again that the $0.50 fee per delivery that Square/Weebly is planning to collect is excessive and should not be introduced.

Message 11 of 39
Alumni

Hey @FlightKitchen - at this time, there is not a feature available to suggest related items. 

As for the delivery fee, your feedback is appreciated and will be surfaced to the appropriate team

Justin
Message 12 of 39

Is there a reason this is not an option?  I can't think of any online store that doesn't have recommended or suggested items as an option available.  It's absurd to think at this day and time you do not offer this as an add on option.  Clearly it is a need in any type of retail or restaurant website.  

Message 13 of 39

After 4+ years of requests, it's clear that Square has no intention of introducing this functionality... yet they claim they're still considering it. Not taking customers into account. It's bizarre.

Message 14 of 39
Beta Member

I agree and I find this type of response common to many needs of the user base. Is there a formal user group that has influence on the developers or is Square just adding features based on a few larger users. Many features that get added are surprising for small businesses that make up a majority of the customer base. I feel a formal user group of small businesses should be formed (or if there is one already I would like to join) would be beneficial to help the developers prioritize updates/new features. I worked in software for many years and we would have user group meetings every year to gauge the needs of our customer base. Would someone from Square please advise. Thank you.

Message 15 of 39
Admin

Thanks for asking about it, @SublimeFrench

Our product team is definitely aware of this request, and now that the upgrade to the new online store is completed I expect to see more features being added on top of all the other new features that came with the upgrade. Once we have more information we'll post back here and let everyone know!

In the meantime, I'm going to merge my reply with another thread about this so it'll be easier to post again once we have more information.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 16 of 39

Need a pop up on check out to add a featured item. Hopefully display item as well

Message 17 of 39
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where @AdamB confirmed that this is a feature request, @Mike865. Now that you're here, you'll be notified of new posts added to this thread, and we'll be sure to post an update here when we have news to share!

Valentina
Message 18 of 39

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: pop up at checkout

Is there a way to add a pop up or reminder at checkout to ask client if they want to add a particular product to their sale? Or a workaround of any sort?

Message 19 of 39
Alumni

While this isn't currently possible, we recently introduced this capability to Self Serve Ordering!

I've moved your post over to this thread where others have also expressed interest in seeing this feature for other types of ordering. Stay subscribed to this thread so that when we have an update to share, you'll receive an email notification when we post here 

Nice to see you in the Seller Community again @styliststef

Valentina
Message 20 of 39
Alumni

Best Answer

Popping in with a related update about this feature request! 🎉

We recently introduced this capability to Self Serve Ordering! Sellers who are using Self Serve Ordering can now include a Customers Also Purchased section that indicates the 4 most frequently purchased items.

I know most of the folks who posted into this thread are looking for this capability for online orders, but I wanted to drop in before that comes to life to let you know that progress is being made. I'll be sure to touch back on this thread when I have more relevant news to share 

Valentina
Message 21 of 39