x

Can I change employee permissions to view the Daily sales but not my weekly/monthly/quarterly sales

With the updated reporting features in-app, is there a way to turn off weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reports from an employee permissions level?

Basically, my staff needs the daily report to check tip payouts, end of day, etc. 

But they do not need nor do I want them to have access to my weekly/monthly/etc reports.

Is there an employee permission setting to see reports, but only the ones I choose to allow them to see?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @protobuildbar - Thanks for your question!

You bring up a very good point, actually. The "reports" permission is an 'all or nothing' role. There's not a way to dial down which reports, exactly, that you want your employees to have access to view.

This is a great feature request, so I've moved your post to our "Features & Feedback" board. But maybe we can get some popularity votes from other sellers here in the Community who are looking for the same thing.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @protobuildbar - Thanks for your question!

You bring up a very good point, actually. The "reports" permission is an 'all or nothing' role. There's not a way to dial down which reports, exactly, that you want your employees to have access to view.

This is a great feature request, so I've moved your post to our "Features & Feedback" board. But maybe we can get some popularity votes from other sellers here in the Community who are looking for the same thing.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

We love the new features, but agree that it would be nice to limit our team members to just the current day’s sales through permissions. We are a full service restaurant and so need for them to be able to see their sales/tips for the day. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@Magills08

We've definitely started tracking this as a Feature Request.

Thanks so much for your feedback! 

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 4 of 6

I would like all employees to have access to transaction reports for the full company and be able to add/delete new items as needed that will appear for all staff. Any suggestions on what permissions will allow this?

For reference - we're a non-profit organization and it is easiest for our employees to have visibility across all for reporting and reconciliation purposes.

Amber Snyder
Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey, thanks for reaching out! This is currently a feature request that we are tracking. While you can grant employees permissions to reports, it's really an all or nothing system. They can have access to all of your reports or none of your reports, so selecting which ones they can view is not possible. 

I've merged your post to an existing thread where Nika answers your question as well. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6