x

Can a selection be added to prevent application of a discount to certain items?

We have a discount that can only be applied to certain items in our store.  Is there a way to tell square to deny application of the discount to specific items in all circumstances?  This would allow employees to select a blanket application of the discount without having to select the specific items that it will apply to, or removing those that it shouldn't.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @ozanwine, welcome to the Community. 

There isn't currently a way to restrict discounts to specific items, but I agree it would be a nice feature. As far as limiting the use of specific discounts, they can be passcode restricted if you're using Employee Management, though I'm not sure that would help in this scenario. 

I'll pass along the feedback, but let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for posting!

Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

We need this functionality as well

Message 3 of 11

@Spenser ,

Is there any update on this? I need a few items to be "Locked" so as to prevent discounts on them. I already price them at a discounted rate. 

Please help!

thanks, @ozanwine for posting!

Message 4 of 11

Is there a way we can request this feature from the engineering team?

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Yes, @Stellar732!

We track each feature request that comes in through the Community. As you can see, some feature requests do take longer than others to launch. Our Product Teams prioritize these requests as best they can. We will absolutely pass this along! 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

So is 2 years long enough to roll out a feature to turn discounts on/off at the item level?

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @savagewood - thanks for jumping in here and checking in on this thread. We still do not have a shareable timeline as to when this feature will be available. We will continue to update here as we have information to share.

We appreciate your continued patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

I found through implementing the online square ordering site that the discounting capability is much more robust and actually can be applied to only certain items / categories.  We could sure use this capability in the square register.  Unfortunate!

Message 9 of 11

We have several types of % off discounts that may or may not apply to some of our items for sale. We also sell several items that should NEVER have any discount apply. I need to figure out a way to have the items for which NO discount should ever apply be setup that way. We use the Square Terminal. Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sab20 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing feature request thread for this where requests are being tracked.

It's not something you're able to do for certain items at this time.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11