x

How do I hide selected variations?

We are a small school uniform shop and we are on the basic square upgrade. How can I make selected variations (sizes) of our clothes hidden online when we sell out? I can only seem to hide the item, not individual sizes. We really don’t want to oversell or have to refund when we have no stock in certain sizes and we’re such a small school that turning sizes on and off is our best option as we can’t justify the cost of upgrading again. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CPPSPANDC,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment there's no way to hide a variation of an item via online store. Weebly are tracking this as a feature request but there's no ETA at the moment - I've passed your feedback on to their team though.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CPPSPANDC,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment there's no way to hide a variation of an item via online store. Weebly are tracking this as a feature request but there's no ETA at the moment - I've passed your feedback on to their team though.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

This feature would be VERY useful. At this point, we have to create a separate item for in-house sale that has all variations, and one for online sale that only has the online variations, making reporting and tracking very difficult. 

Beer #1 - In-house variations: 4 oz, 10 oz, 16 oz, To-go cup refill, To-go cup with fill, 32 oz crowler, 32 oz growler refill, 32 oz growler with fill, 64 oz growler refill, 64 oz growler with fill

Beer #1 - Online variants: 32 oz crowler, 32 oz growler refill, 32 oz new growler, 64 oz growler refill, 64 oz new growler

Is this feature planned, or just one of what I expect are very many requests?

Message 3 of 6

I have a similar issue. I have 4 variations for each of my wines, but only want to put one variation on the on-line store. Right now I cannot hide the other variations. The suggestion from Square is to create a new item - but then it would screw up my inventory because it would not match the items I am selling from my physical store. I do not want to have different items just for an on-line store. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue, or if Square is working on a solution?

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Thanks for your question, @cpl. I'm going to merge you post into a different thread about hiding variations in specific. This is still currently a feature request, but that will make it easier to update you if we add this as an option

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I would like to add my vote to having this be a thing. It's a HUGE inconvenience. We are currently using modifiers to try to address this issue but you can't track stock on the modifiers. Could really use this function sooner rather than later.

Message 6 of 6