x

Is Square available in the middle east (Saudi Arabia)?

May I know if the service is available for use in middle east? i work in a company here in Saudi Arabia and looking for possible options for our business of RTW maternity clothes.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom. See international availability for more.

They may be working on providing it to Saudi Arabia, but it is unlikely that any specific timeframe can be provided.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @IT-Marahil, and welcome to the Seller Community! While our Square Register software is free to download and use in almost every country, we don't currently provide payment processing in Saudi Arabia. While I can't provide you with any sort of timeline, I'd be happy to update this thread if there are any changes. 🙂

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 11

thank you for the reply. so we can still register to your site and use the program for FREE here in Saudi Arabia? We plan to use in our stores the Register program to accept and record sales over the counter.  We can still accept card payment transactions to record sales but processing will be using the local Saudi bank provided  card swipe machine and not thru square, right? 

Message 3 of 11
Square

@IT-Marahil That is correct! You will need to use a third party to process cards but you can use Square to track your payments. 

Message 4 of 11

Hello Kelly,

When will Customer loyalty be avaialble in Saudi Arbaia. Would it be possible to provide a timeline?

Thank you

Message 5 of 11
Alumni

Hi @Madam - Unfortunately, there is no ETA on if or when this feature might be implemented within your region at this time.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Hi,

I apologize for opening this thread after couple of years. I have a question related to this thread. I am currently using Square POS in addition to local card machine. Whenever I am doing a card transaction, I am flagging the CHARGE as RECORD CARD PAYMENT. So far so good, but when trying to see the reports as I want to cross check the number of items sold per payment method, I don’t seem to find the RECORD CARD PAYMENT option as part of the payment method filter. Note that I am already using OTHER PAYMENT TYPES option when I am charging the food delivery orders.

Regards,

Message 7 of 11

Is the service (square reader) available in saudi Arabia? 

If no ' and you are willing to provide it , when is it going to be available?

Message 8 of 11

Best Answer

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom. See international availability for more.

They may be working on providing it to Saudi Arabia, but it is unlikely that any specific timeframe can be provided.

Message 9 of 11

Hello Square 

When would you have a payment option available in Saudi Arabia? As we have a very limited options, I feel the your awesome company that I used while in the states would be doing great here! How can I raise my ideas to the decision makers?

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Hey @Alishow1 💫

Thanks for posting and showing an interest in Square card processing in your country.

We really want to be able to offer card processing in more territories. I can assure you that we're working hard to expand internationally when it comes to processing payments. In the mean time, our app is still available in Saudi Arabia, although I know it's not the same.

Keep an eye out on our international availability page.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 11