x

Is there a way to notify customers automatically that a specific item is back in stock?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Email Customer

I am constantly changing my inventory online and trying to keep everything in stock.  When an item is out of stock is there a way the customer can insert their email so that when that particular item is back in stock they can get an email alert orsomething?  Is there a way I can know a customer is interested so I can try and rush the item?  I get the daily emails of low stock but it would be great if a customer is able to get an alert when the item is available.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

@kia_stayblessed There isn't a way to automatically email a customer when an item is back in stock - that sounds like very useful request though! I'll share it with the Inventory team.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could add your customer's email address to their profile at checkout and also add them to a specific group in your Directory. That way you can use Square Marketing to send a campaign (by email) to everyone in that group.

I hope this helps for now! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 13

Is there a way to create "special orders" or "sales orders" for customers in Square?

Example:  Customer comes into the store and wants to purchase a widget--but we are out of widgets at the moment.  However, an employee can create a sales order for that customer that will alert us when the widgets are received into inventory.  This way the customer can be contacted to let them know their widgets are in stock, and we can hold the stock for them.

In QuickBooks Point of Sale this was known as "sales orders". I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in Square yet, so we have reverted back to much worse means of doing so...(spreadsheets, sticky notes, email).

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hey @aleksandr2578! There isn't a way to do this in the way you're describing but I shared a workaround in this thread which might help.

In the meantime we'll track this as a feature request, I definitely see how it would help your business to manage orders for out-of-stock items! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 13

Looking for a way for my customers to be alerted when an items is back in stock. We have a large inventory of items and customers want to sign up for notifications when a particular item is available for purchase again vs. our main marketing email listings.

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

A popular feature request we're still tracking. Moving you to a thread where other's are asking for the same thing. We'll update once something new comes up

@greenacre

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

Is it possible to add a button customers can click on, to request notification when out of stock items are available again? and if so how do I do it I can't find anything online

f

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

Hi @Fermegrf - That's a feature request we're tracking on this thread

Justin
Message 8 of 13

We'd also love to offer our customers the option to sign up to be notified via email when certain items are back in stock!

Message 9 of 13

I am also interested in this feature. 

Message 10 of 13

This feature would be extremely helpful. It is a lot to have to manage service and product waitlists manually. Pleeeeease add these features. 

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

I have been contemplating switching from square to Shopify so that I have access to a waitlist feature for items out of stock.   Before I make this switch I was hoping someone had another idea on an app or anything I can use to incorporate at waitlist for some of my items.  I would like to prevent switching and having to rebuild my entire website.  I searched the seller help pages and the last post I can see regarding a waitlist feature is from 2016.  Thank you! 

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @joierip -

Appreciate you taking the time to reach out about this Feature Request. 

I moved your post a thread where some other sellers were having a similar discussion. This will add your voice to the ongoing Feature Request for this with our Product Team. 

Keep an eye on any Product Updates from the Community Moderators for upcoming feature launches. 

Kassi
Message 13 of 13