x

how to create a report for cash in and out transactions

I am interested in setting up a report that I can run that will list all of the payouts and pay ins over a period of time.  I want to use this to compare/matchup payouts to what I show.  (i.e., cash payout that were used to pay vendors, grocery store runs, etc.).

Michael

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for bringing this up, @RevocupSouth.

I went to check for a specific report that would compare payouts over a period of time and we do not currently offer a built-in option with the online Square Dashboard. You can access the reason for each payout for each session from the Cash Drawers tab. I realize that looking up that information over a long period of time can become labor intensive—for additional reporting options, you may want to have a look at our partner apps: App Marketplace.

I'm moving your post to our Feature Request board where our Point of Sale Team can review and track seller feedback. We'll announce any updates related to this request.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if any other questions come up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for bringing this up, @RevocupSouth.

I went to check for a specific report that would compare payouts over a period of time and we do not currently offer a built-in option with the online Square Dashboard. You can access the reason for each payout for each session from the Cash Drawers tab. I realize that looking up that information over a long period of time can become labor intensive—for additional reporting options, you may want to have a look at our partner apps: App Marketplace.

I'm moving your post to our Feature Request board where our Point of Sale Team can review and track seller feedback. We'll announce any updates related to this request.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if any other questions come up!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 10

You are correct.  Doing this individually day by day is not an option - especially if I want to review a quarter at a time.  In addition, unless you see something I don't, the market app location you directed me to does not have any partner apps that provide this type of reporting.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Got it—thank you for circling back. I wasn't able to find a specific partner app that may be able to fill in the gap here. So that I can surface this post specifically with a member of our product team, can you reply with some more details on why this view is important for your business and the frequency that you need to access this information? With that, we can take a deeper look.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 10

When I pay for something out of the cash drawer and do a cash-out (i.e., a quick reimbursement for an employee buying something from the grocery store) - I want a report to show what was paid out.

If I allow employees to take their tips out of the cash drawer - I would like to check what they pulled against what square shows.

These are just two examples.

Message 5 of 10
Admin

@RevocupSouth

We have some ideas in this thread but in depth reporting on this is a Feature Request we're current tracking. 

You can see your Paid In/Paid out reporting in general in your Drawer Reports

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 6 of 10

But this is only day-by-day.  Can I export a date range and see a list what was paid out and the note associated with the payout (i.e., cash tips, grocery store, etc.)

Message 7 of 10
Admin

@RevocupSouth

Understood, as mentioned, this is a Feature Request to have more in depth Cash Reporting.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 8 of 10

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How can I see cash payouts in my sales summary reports?" The author has been notified via email.

How can I see cash payouts in my sales summary reports?  I deposit cash weekly and I am realizing that cash payouts from the drawer are not accounted for on my sales summary page.  Short of going through every drawer from every day ( I have 4 drawers a day) can I see cash payouts on the sale summary page?  I tried customizing but I am not seeing anything.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 10

Without cash pay-outs (and pay-ins for that matter) included on Sales Reports, Net and Gross Sales numbers are not correct when we do pay-outs for anything other than tips, e.g. paying musicians, artists, etc.

Background: We just joined Square from a more "traditional" POS system. So far, many things seem relatively simple to set-up, and the price structure for our very small company (<10 employees) seems great. 

Message 10 of 10