x
Beta Member

Image Library for Items that you can email images to for use in POS (instead of uploading)

Would it be possible to create an image library that has an email address for Square Register/POS?  Right now, if I want to associate a product image with an item in Square Register, I have to take a picture with my phone/camera, transfer it to my PC via a cumbersome sync, drag and drop, or by emailing it to myself, and save it to an accessible location, and then go into my item library, select the item, and add the picture.  The process of emailing myself the picture to get it onto the computer and be able to upload it to the item is very cumbersome.  

Is there a way we could have an image library that has its own email address, and we could simply email pictures to that library and they would be available to us while editing an item so we could simply click "add image" and then pick from the library (or upload a new picture if you like)?  In an ideal world, it could even auto-associate - i.e. you email the picture with the subject being the exact item name, and it associates that picture with the appropriate item.  Also, it could format the pictures appropriately for Square when they are emailed in - i.e. resize, crop to square, anything else that needs to be done.  If the crop should be different than what is auto applied, it can be edited later.  But these are "in the weeds" details.  Most importantly, I think folks would find it immensely useful to be able to send a picture directly from their phone to Square for associating with items.  

What do other sellers think?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I'm new and trying to find the easiest way to do my library of my products for my sale next week. Help me

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Welcome to Square, @Jb10!

Take a look at our article on Creating and Managing Items. It has all the basic steps outlined on how you can set up your item library before next week!

If you still need help, you can always contact our Customer Success Team🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey there @Dan1,

We don't have that type of integration with our system. We can definitely see how having the ability to send pictures straight from your phone or device to your Square item library would be helpful! The easiest way to do this would still be to take the picture from your phone/device, email it to yourself, and save the image to your laptop/desktop to upload into your Item Library. 

Thanks for starting this conversation! Looking forward to see if there are other sellers out there who would find this helpful. We'll be sure to track the feedback on this post!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

While I think an email photo option could be useful I think it would take a lot of resources on Square's part to setup and maintain.

You know you could take pics on your phone and use the Square app and add it to an item unless you want to do some editing to it.

Message 5 of 5