x

Is there a way to track what items sold at full price and what items & qty sold at a sale price?

It seems like there should be a way to track what inventory (and how many of each item) sell at full price and how many sell once it has been discounted. Does this feature exist and am I just missing it? This seems like a very important piece of information to track. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

As far as I can find, there's no way to do that directly from Square, that is there is no simple report to generate that information.  You can get the information by going from your computer's Dashboard > Reports > Item Sales.  Set the date range selector to the period you're interested in and you'll get a report that shows all item sales for that date range.  Unfortunately, you can't use that directly to get what you want to know.  You'll have to export the report by clicking on the Export button in the top right-hand corner, then selecting Detail CSV from the drop-down menu.  Pick a location to save the file and once it's been exported you can open the file using a spreadsheet program such as Excel.  There is a ton more information than you'll need or use, but all of the items sold will be shown, sorted by the date of the sale.  You can then massage the data to generate the report you need.

Good luck.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

As far as I can find, there's no way to do that directly from Square, that is there is no simple report to generate that information.  You can get the information by going from your computer's Dashboard > Reports > Item Sales.  Set the date range selector to the period you're interested in and you'll get a report that shows all item sales for that date range.  Unfortunately, you can't use that directly to get what you want to know.  You'll have to export the report by clicking on the Export button in the top right-hand corner, then selecting Detail CSV from the drop-down menu.  Pick a location to save the file and once it's been exported you can open the file using a spreadsheet program such as Excel.  There is a ton more information than you'll need or use, but all of the items sold will be shown, sorted by the date of the sale.  You can then massage the data to generate the report you need.

Good luck.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 4

Thank you very much! This is very helpful and I'm not sure I ever would have figured this out on my own. Thanks for your time!!

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

You're very welcome - I'm glad I could help.

I suggest you spend some time looking at the various Reports that Square can generate and play around with the Export feature.  Many times you can export data then massage it the way you want, in order to generate data that you want but Square doesn't supply directly.  Especially look at the Custom Reports feature (at the bottom of the Reports listing.)  It takes a bit of playing around with the Custom Reports, but it's a very flexible facility to generate data that you can't get any other way, leaving out extraneous data that you don't want.  I don't want to get deeply into it, but once you're in Custom Report, click on Create New Report in the top right corner and see what you can do with it - you may be impressed.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 4