x

Is there an existing Item Library for Convenience store with UPC codes

I am in the process of building my Item Library for Square Register. Instead of entering the UPC codes manually for every item in my store is there a general item library for Convenience Stores with UPC codes ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

That would be a truly huge database and you would probably spend more time searching for specific items than it takes you to manually enter them, plus it would almost impossible to be sure it's up-to-date.  Think of every possible item that could be sold in a retail store, even if you restrict it to your specific speciality, including different sizes and all other possible variations of each item.  If you have physical access to your items as you're entering them into your library, you should be able to just use your scanner and scan the codes into it.  That's what we did when we were creating our initial library and even now when we add new items.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your input but it's hard for me to believe that each of these small Convenience Stores manually enter each item into their Item Library (Database).  I understand that the Database will be huge but still not more than 1GB Storage space.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Convstore! If you're importing a lot of items from your store you could use the Import tool from your Dashboard. It'll save you a lot of time! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4