x
Super Seller Alumni

My Stand broke, what should I do?

My Stand broke, what should I do?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hi Ron, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble with your Stand.

Do you have swiping issues, charging issues, mounting issues, or some other type of problem? Once we figure out what's ailing your Stand, we can get to fixing it. If it's beyond repair, I can help you file a warranty claim or start a return.

And you might want to check out this article, it covers our Square Stand troubleshooting tips: http://squ.re/256D5od.

Message 2 of 13

I have a similar issue and it involves mounting an iPad3 to the stand. My 2 stands are not recognized by my iPad. Is there an issue with the new ios 9.3.1? I have tried changing the charging port and still have the problem. If I use a 30 pin to lightning adapter it works but using a newer iPad. But I cannot secure it to the stand. What exactly is going on here? I am very frustrated with this issue and don't know how to resolve it. I have already used the trouble shooting guide with no solution. Please help.

Message 3 of 13

I have a similar issue and it involves mounting an iPad3 to the stand. My 2 stands are not recognized by my iPad. Is there an issue with the new ios 9.3.1? I have tried changing the charging port and still have the problem. If I use a 30 pin to lightning adapter it works but using a newer iPad. But I cannot secure it to the stand. What exactly is going on here? I am very frustrated with this issue and don't know how to resolve it. I have already used the trouble shooting guide with no solution. Please help me.

Message 4 of 13
Alumni

@FogataMexicana - Hey there! Wanted to let you know that Tom responded to your question over here on Saturday. Quick answer is yes, your issue is related to iOS 9.3.1, and Tom explained in full detail on that thread. 

Message 5 of 13

i have similar issues. what do i do?

Message 6 of 13
Square

@hairdivine2011 Check out Toms response here for information and some tips!

Message 7 of 13

My stand recently broke.  I had a customer man-handle my stand and spun it the wrong way and snapped the screw off of the adhesive mount.  Now i am left with a vulnerable stand.  What should i do?  The screw broke off and is now flush with the bottom of the swivel base and i am unable to get it out. Help!

Message 8 of 13
Admin

Hello @Unique3627, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your Stand. 😳

I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly and providing an image of the damage. Once a team member is able to get a better picture of how it is broken, they'll be able to advise on next steps.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction; please let us know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 13

The charging part of my stand broke off while one of my guys was transporting it and now it can’t connect to the stand and the chip reader.... what can I do or can I connect the chip reader another way to the iPad?

Message 10 of 13
Alumni

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about this, @Kalepo14 😣

You can absolutely still connect your Square Reader for contactless and chip to your iPad - follow these steps to make sure your reader is ready to pair. You'll want to follow Step 3 in order to pair the reader to your iPad without the Square Stand - it's super simple! Please reach out directly if you run into any troubles when pairing; we're happy to walk you through the process.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 13

Did you have to replace your whole stand or did Square repair it for you?

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AndoverRobbCent - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

Square offers a complete refund for all hardware returned within 30 days of shipment. Please note: iPads and other Apple products may only be returned if unopened.

Square hardware (excluding Square Register) is covered under a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Square Register is covered under a two-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.

Click here to check your return eligibility. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13