x

Online Store: Can customers place orders before or after my business hours?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Hours and functionality

I am setting up our on line store. Can users place orders before or after stated business hours I adjusted in On Line Options?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @AirPlay - so cool that you're setting up your online store!
We've been using it for a year for pickup orders and it's working great so far!

It depends on what item they're ordering and what fulfillment options you set.

If they select and item that you set as Pickup, then they can order the item when your closed but only in advance and the pickup time after you're open.

So we open at 1 PM and close at 10 PM, and our fulfillment time is 30 minutes. A customer can go on our website at 2 AM and order the item for pickup, but the earliest they can set to pick up the item will be 1:30 PM.

An item that we have set for Shipping can be ordered at any time.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @AirPlay - so cool that you're setting up your online store!
We've been using it for a year for pickup orders and it's working great so far!

It depends on what item they're ordering and what fulfillment options you set.

If they select and item that you set as Pickup, then they can order the item when your closed but only in advance and the pickup time after you're open.

So we open at 1 PM and close at 10 PM, and our fulfillment time is 30 minutes. A customer can go on our website at 2 AM and order the item for pickup, but the earliest they can set to pick up the item will be 1:30 PM.

An item that we have set for Shipping can be ordered at any time.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 5

Yes. This answers my question. Did you set up a Third category and printer so online orders print out separately from in-store orders on their own printer?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Glad I can help!

You can absolutely do that if you'd like - I just have 1 wifi printer so everything prints from the same one. Up to you!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

I can help on this question! 🙂

I do have alternate categories for my online store. They all start with OL to keep it easy. I like that option because I can see where all the revenue is coming from. Square doesn't really have an easy way to denote online sales on their reporting otherwise. If you use inventory controls, this will be problematic since you'll have two exact items to manage.

As for the printer, I use the usual printing setup I have in my store. All online orders print with the name Square Pickup on it and have the estimated pickup time as well, so it's pretty easy to denote online versus in-store orders.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 5