x

Physical On Hand Inventory

Does square have the capability of doing a physical on hand inventory.  We are a clothing retail store with many sku's and we need to do a store wide on hand invenotry.  Or is there an app that will aloow this? 

Thanks, 

D

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I would also really appreciate this feature. Other POS systems have a Scanner app for the iPhone, so every employee can have the app and scan each item barcode in their assigned section. Saves a lot of time doing physical inventory. 

Message 2 of 6

I would love to know which POS systems do this.  I think we need to change as there seems to be no help from Square for Retail.  It's like they never anticipated that a retail store would need to take inventory!

Message 3 of 6

I have a similar problem.  And no answers from Square for Retail.  There doesn't seem to an efficient way to do this.  I download a csv file from "projected project" and print out by category and we walk around the store with pencils and count and note errors/divergencies and try to reconcile with purchase orders etc.  It's very clunky and not easy.  Plus, for instance, today (Dec. 19) the shop is closed for inventory.  We were open yesterday, Dec. 18 but the only report I can print out is from Dec 17.  I can't understand why Square for Retail did not anticipate that retail stores are required to take a physical inventory once a year.   

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Never found a good way to do this- the .csv file seems to be the best way... 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@cottontails14 @SkateTech  Square for Retail allows you to use the iOS app to scan barcodes for physical inventory counting. 

This thread has great resources on how to do it. 

Message 6 of 6