x

Socket Mobile S700

I purchased the Socket Mobile S700 per the matrix here:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6334

I've read the documented about connecting the scanner and I've got it working but I may have misunderstood how it's supposed to work. Does the bluetooth scanner only work when you manually push the button to scan every item which requires you to take it out of the cradle each time for every checkout?

That's not very efficient when you are at the register and just want to run the items in front of it to ring up a customer. It's as if the scanner doesn't stay on all the time.

Is there a way to change it so it stays on when it's in the cradle getting power?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@dunnoutdoors As of right now, the only way to scan an item with the Socket Mobile S700 is to aim and press the button while holding an item in front of it.

I scoured the instruction manual and website - I couldn't find an easy fix for continuous or automatic scanning with the S700 either. If you haven't already, you could try reaching out to Socket Mobile to see if they can share any workarounds with this specific reader. (If I see a workaround here in the Community I'll let you know!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Is there a recommended USB one for square stand that will plug in to the USB hub and work continuously then? 

For fast checkout holding and clicking every item doesn't work.

If I recall when I looked a few weeks ago the only one listed was the Bluetooth scanner.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Yes there are a few different barcode scanners you can connect via USB! You'll need to double check the manufacturer's site to see if the scanner can be set to 'continuous read' but it looks like the Honeywell and Zebra models have this setting.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4