x

Square Register Initial set-up HELP needed

I purchased the Square register last month and have no idea how to set it up for my retail business.  We've taken cards for three years with Square, but I want to track inventory and sales tax info.  I can't find any answers.

How do I:

1)  use the Register for multiple items in one transaction, some with sales tax and some without?  When I set up a tax rate, it taxes everything!

2)  start an inventory?? Do I have an inventory app already in this thing?  Do I have to go through my entire retail store and scan each barcode on all my products?

Sorry for the ignorance here, I was waiting for the live chat tomorrow but the dates been changed now and I can't keep waiting on using it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

You set the tax rates up here and you can apply them to whatever items you want to be taxed. you can see what tax rate is on your items here.  

you can adjust your item inventory here.  Or in app you should be able to adjust the items, I don't have a new square register but you should go to the menu -> items -> and then click the item you want and adjust the inventory there.

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Thanks for asking these questions @RuckiBooks! I also know @pessosices & @Renoparrot are Register users and have good knowledge of the product. One of them might be able to help you out with best practices (in addition to @VanKalkerFarms 👍).

Message 3 of 3