x
Beta Member

Square for Retail and Square Point of Sale - Can you use both apps at the same time?

I have been using Square for years and just signed up for the 30 day free trial of Square for Retail. I know Square for Retail costs $60 per register. Most of the time that works perfectly for me as I have one retail brick & mortar that uses it. During the holiday season, we normally set one an additional ipad or two to help speed up check out. I'd obviously prefer not to pay $60/month for each of those ipads. Is it possible to still use the old Square Point of Sale on those extra ipads during the holiday season - and ring up customers like normal -- and just have the single occurance of Square for Retail?

Thanks very much for your help!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Craftinomicon

Thats a great question I'm sure other sellers have. So you can use Square Point of Sale on your other registers with no extra cost. If you have any other questions please let me know! i would be happy to help out. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hello @Craftinomicon

Thats a great question I'm sure other sellers have. So you can use Square Point of Sale on your other registers with no extra cost. If you have any other questions please let me know! i would be happy to help out. 🙂

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

So If I like the interface of the Point of Sale, but need the cost of item/value stock inventory feature of retail app, I can get 2 ipad and run one app on each of ipad?  

or can I just pay for reatail app monthly fee but ring up people using point of sale app?  And just use retail app feature on my pc or log on as retail app to use the feature?

sales data, inventory, and all that is still synced for the same store, whatever app I use????

Please tell me yes....

This would solve my dilema!!!  

Message 3 of 6

Did you figure this out? I have the same question currently! Help!!

Message 4 of 6

I downloaded the Square for Retail and started it but needed the Square Point of Sale instead.  I downloaded the correct one and deleted the Retail one.  How do I stop the Retail app from charging me?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @mansoff

Thank you for reaching out to us about this! We recommend reaching out to our Customer Success directly to take a look at those charges and ensure that the subscription does not continue. 

https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Options to contact Square are here: squ.re/howtocontact

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6