x

Wanting to use normal Point of Sale for an event but have Square for Retail

I purchased the Square stand that I use at my single store. I was initially using the square reader and Square POS with the wireless card reader.

With Square retail, which I have for inventory, there is a $20 fee per terminal per month.

If I happen to have a pop up tent sale at a local fair can I still use the square reader with an iPhone without using the square for retail app and it still work?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dunnoutdoors!

If you just use the regular Point of Sale app, you won't have to worry about additional charges for the additional devices on Retail.

Just make sure you don't set anyone running sales for you at the event up on the Retail app and you're good to go!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Will it deduct the item from the inventory and those transactions show up in the reports the same way for the financials. That seems odd you can use the Square POS app vs. the Square retail app and it have the same results when they want to charge you $20 per POS for retail.

It's not clear to me which functionality is missing between the two.

Message 3 of 6

@dunnoutdoors You won't have the same inventory reporting options as you would on the Retail app so that would be the difference between the two.

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6

Ok got it. But if you do a sale through the square POS does it still deduct the items from inventory even though you can see the reports in the front end?

I hope the answer is yes.

Message 5 of 6

@dunnoutdoors As long as you have the Stock Tracking turned on, it'll still deduct the items from your inventory. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6