x

Terminal and Bluetooth barcode readers

Can Terminal connect to Bluetooth barcode reader?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Debfallon, welcome to the Seller Community! 

This is a great question, but currently Square Terminal does not support Bluetooth barcode scanners. 

We have an article in our Support Center titled Hardware Compatibility By Device. This lists all of the supported receipt printers, cash drawers, barcode scanners, and the corresponding Square hardware they're compatible with. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hello @Debfallon, welcome to the Seller Community! 

This is a great question, but currently Square Terminal does not support Bluetooth barcode scanners. 

We have an article in our Support Center titled Hardware Compatibility By Device. This lists all of the supported receipt printers, cash drawers, barcode scanners, and the corresponding Square hardware they're compatible with. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hello, 

is it possible to pair a barcode scanner to the portable terminal? I do not have a terminal and was considering it. But I require a scanner and to be able to connect to a register for cash purchases.  It will be my secondary terminal for my business. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @313smokeshop 👋Good to hear from you!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using a Bluetooth hardware connection with the Square Terminal.

Take a look at this Best Answer from this same thread - it will provide some context here.

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4