x
Beta Member

Titles on Custom POS Screens and Tabs

Is there currently any way (or could it be added) to add a title to a custom POS screen?  For example, in the image below, I circled in red where a title could be placed for that screen.  Then we would have a different title for Screen 2, Screen 3, Screen 4...  It would be especially great if these names could replace the numbers currently used to identify screens in the tabs - so instead of seeing "1, 2, 3, 4..." you would see the title you defined for the screen.  For us, this would be immensely helpful to assist our staff in finding items and in training new staff.  We would have titles such as "Single Items", "Boxes/Bags", "Gifts", "Alcohol", etc...  

Any other sellers think this would be useful?

POS Screen w/Title MockupPOS Screen w/Title Mockup

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Dan1! Thanks for joining the Seller Community!

To make sure I'm understanding, you would want one page to have just "gifts" listed on it with that text also being displayed at the top of the page that you're only looking at "gifts". Then when you swipe to another page, it only has "alcohol" items listed while also reading "alcohol" at the top of the page?

If that is true, we don't have this ability at the moment, but I do see how that would be really easy to look at! Although we don't have this feature, maybe this Community post on Customizing Category Tiles for Tablets might be a helpful workaround?

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We'll pass it along to the appropriate Product Teams.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

@nika  Thanks - you understand exactly.  And the title could be linked to or independent of item categories.  It could just be free-text that I type in, or it could be by category.  Free text would probably work better for us, because we have four screens, and while they mostly are split by category, there are some that include items from multiple categories.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Understood @Dan1! Thanks for the additional context. We'll surface this with our Product Teams so they can track this specific request. 

Be sure to write back in if you have any other questions, and thanks again for surfacing this!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

@Dan1 

Well you can change the Page Number to Page Titles. It won't be on the top, but it should accomplish just about the same thing.

You can see how on this post: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-change-the-names-of-grids/m-p/51749#M24...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 5