x

Will a Dymo 4XL be compatible when printing out my barcode labels? What labels would I need to buy?

I currently have a Dymo 4XL and wondering if I can use this to print out my barcode labels, I am new to Square. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @adalinerae, welcome to Square and the Seller Community! 🙂

If you're using Square for Retail we recommend using the Dymo LabelWriter 450, Zebra ZD40, or Avery Labels to a standard printer. Those are the only supported label makers for printing bar codes.  Learn more in our hardware compatibility by device Support Center article.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hello @adalinerae, welcome to Square and the Seller Community! 🙂

If you're using Square for Retail we recommend using the Dymo LabelWriter 450, Zebra ZD40, or Avery Labels to a standard printer. Those are the only supported label makers for printing bar codes.  Learn more in our hardware compatibility by device Support Center article.

Message 2 of 8

Chad, I'm currently using the dymo but I'm looking for a label that will come off a product cleanly. The labels I use won't come off. Can you point me in the right direction?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hello @fillos! The labels types listed in this Support Center article are supported with Square for Retail.

It sounds like the Avery 'Easy Peel' Address labels might be what you're looking for but I'm not sure if they'd be the right size for your products. You could contact the label manufacturers Dymo, Avery, or Zebra directly to ask about which of the labels are easiest to remove.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8

Wondering if this includes the Dymo 450 Turbo?

Thanks for any help. 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

That's a good question @Acordy... I'm not 100% sure on this, so I'm going to reach out to a few members of our support team to see if they have any insight. I'll check back in when I have some more information!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 8

The Dymo LabelWriter 450 doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now.  Can I use any other Dymo LabelWriter versions?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BeckonHome,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the Dymo LabelWriter 450. Unfortunately, we don't have another compatible Dymo LabelWriter on our list at the moment. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help here! 

Message 8 of 8