x

customer wants to return to a different location

We have 7 stores on square for retail. How do I accept a return at a store when the item was purchased at a different location?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @jfdanatyler - The record of the transaction will only be available if you are signed into the correct location within the app. If your customer wants to return to another location, a possible workaround would be to sign out of your app then sign back in and select the location that they purchased from. From there, you'll be able to locate the transaction and refund it. I only recommend this if the refund will be going back on a card as cash refunds will cause an imbalance in your cash drawer in both locations.

If this is not a suitable solution for you, another Seller recommended a policy that only allows exchanges at other locations and returns at the location purchased. Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I’m struggling to do an exchange as well because the transaction cannot be found due to not being purchased at that location.  
This goes further into my request for square to add return exchange function without having receipt.  This causes a lot of unnecessary inconvenience for both the business and the customer as the machine is dictating not doing what us humans are willing and able to do as a simple business transaction.  
please override the return exchange process to not require a receipt.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @maleego  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4