x
Admin

Calling Square for Retail Sellers: Test Google Local Product Listings and attract local buyers

Hey all! We are actively looking for Square for Retail sellers to test our Google Local Product Listings integration! 

With Google Local, you can attract local buyers by setting up your inventory to be searchable locally across Google. Your customers can then search for items on Google as "nearby" or "near me" and in stock items from your business will appear. 

f7m_5Ce7qKLnn3LRDEo2PaRGpi9dvrNGwFUq-JqWniPSAyWuzIVnkc-8neJAyrE0M264iDLbnBDgi6wHkh0sqoC1IljaXLLv37zZUZw7d0iy3SgCROt8pAs8IvHo.png

As a participant in this beta program, the feedback you provide will help us improve and build features that help expand your business's online presence.

Before getting started, please make sure you are subscribed to Square for Retail Free or Retail Plus.

Who can test?

• Sellers in the US🇺🇸 
  • Sellers using Square for Retail Free or Retail Plus. 

Interested?

If you’re interested in being the first to test Google Local product listings, please comment on this thread or join the Beta Community and comment here.  If you new to Beta Community to can sign up to test the latest features and connect with our product teams!  

What’s next?

Once you are enrolled in testing, a member of the Beta Team will follow up. After this confirmation feel free to follow our quick setup guide.

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 56
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Good news this feature is out of the testing phase and live! Checkout out this post to learn more to get started! https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/New-Google-Business-Profile-and-Local-Inventory-I...

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community

View Best Answer >

Message 49 of 56
Admin

Best Answer

Good news this feature is out of the testing phase and live! Checkout out this post to learn more to get started! https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/New-Google-Business-Profile-and-Local-Inventory-I...

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community

View Best Answer >

Message 51 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Hello, just starting out with Square and wanted to see feasibility of leveraging Google's "near me" for local transactions. Retail Free User.  

Message 2 of 56

Interested in testing out the Google local product listing.  Can I participate even if I am a fully online retail shop?

Message 3 of 56
Beta Member

It certainly would help to have a more accurate product listing in google searches.

Message 4 of 56

I am very much interested in reaching more local customers

Message 5 of 56

Hello, I am interested.

Message 6 of 56
Beta Member

I would love to join!

I just recently moved to Georgia and I am looking to increase my local sales as well as brand recognition.

Carmelita Thompson - Owner of Wholistic Botanica

https://www.wholisticbotanica.com/
Message 7 of 56
Beta Member

Very interested in being apart of this!

Message 8 of 56
Beta Member

Interested!

Message 9 of 56
Beta Member

Hi we are Planner 901 from Collierville, TN and we are so excited about this beta program connecting retail business with new customers! 

Message 10 of 56

We are Tropical Needs Plant Nursery in Cocoa, FL and are interested in this program!

Message 11 of 56

Hi,  I would like to test the beta program.  Please help me with what's needed.  Thank You

Message 12 of 56
Beta Member

Hello! I’m a single location brick and mortar only pet outfitting/lifestyle shop. I just wanted clarification that this is for us non-online retailers too! I still list my in store brands and such for folks to search and find? If so, count me in as a beta! Thank you! 😊

Message 13 of 56
Admin

You shouldn't need an online store with Square, but someone actively using Square for retail. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 14 of 56
Beta Member

I could give it a shot. I sell my own designs on bleach discharge t-shirts in Hawaii, at local farmers markets as well as online. While mine are unique, since t-shirts in general are so widely available in any tourist area, Iʻm not sure people would search for them specifically. But it might be an interesting experiment. Iʻm already signed up as a Beta tester.

Bethany

adifferentvein.com 

Message 15 of 56
Super Seller

I'd like to try it out!  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 16 of 56
Beta Member

Hello, i would like to test this feature. Please send the required information on how to proceed. Thank you!

Message 17 of 56
Beta Member

I am interested in being the first to test Google Local product listings.

Message 18 of 56
Beta Member

Interested

Message 19 of 56
Beta Member

Interested in testing this

Message 20 of 56
Super Seller

Can you help me understand how this differs from Pointy by Google which syncs with Square?

Thanks

Canadian Merchant

Message 21 of 56