x
Square

Coming soon to Square Retail Redesign with Item Grid | Now in Beta

Square for Retail has redesigned the Retail Point of Sale to allow you customize the layout of your catalog, and optimize your Checkout workflow by visually organizing the items, actions, and functions that are most useful during checkout. This new design is available in Beta now and accepting more testers.

Testing is open to US Square Retail Subscribers and Square Retail Free using iPad, iPhone or Square Register version 5.86

Betas are tests of upcoming Square features before they're released, to help identify areas of improvement for these new products and tools. Your feedback directly helps us build the right products with your business top of mind. The Square development process starts small and uses feedback along with other insights to plan its future.

Elyn_0-1647442465551.png

• Personalization: Organize your items, discounts, saved carts, and customer profiles in a way that works best for you and your business.
  • Scalability: Unlock more real estate to seamlessly organize their catalog of items into pages, categories, and display groups.
  • Efficiency: Save time by having quick access to shortcuts that they commonly use when processing an order. Whether itโ€™s quickly attaching a Customerโ€™s profile to the order, adding a discount, adjusting an itemโ€™s price, or opening up a Saved Cart.

Learn more in this Support Article

Request to join the Retail Redesign testing group and Beta Community. We approve requests within a couple of days. Youโ€™ll receive a notification when accepted to the testing group, at which time youโ€™ll have the new design to test in the Square for Retail app.

Join the Retail Redesign Beta

Not sure if youโ€™d like to test or have questions? Reply below, weโ€™re happy to help.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Can't wait to test this out hopefully or have it go live. When I first got my Square Register I loved the layout and how many quick buttons it offered, then I upgraded to Square for Retail and a LOT of the functionality of Square Register went away.

For anyone on the fence of whether Square for Retail is worth it I find a lot of the critical functionality is there (Item numbers, costs, etc). Hopefully this returns more functionality to Square Registers when using Square for Retail as currently my "Favorites" of quick buttons is getting really lengthy. (We have lots of items without barcodes sadly)

Now if only we could get cost case pricing as a feature that would literally pretty much complete my Square wish list of features. Not having Cost per case pricing when looking at my item library costs me so much time manually figuring out if my costs have increased.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 2 of 10
Square

Love to hear it! We'll added more to the test tomorrow and I have you on the list ๐Ÿ˜€

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Just found this today and I'm very excited about this beta. I currently run 2 registers, the terminal, and just bought an Ipad to use at our drive thru. I love some of the features that the Retail version gives me, but I wont run it on my registers because the other version has the easier grid and favorites for my employees. All of us find the retail version very lacking, so I cant wait to try this one out and hopefully be able to update all our systems to something easier for everyone to use. 

Message 4 of 10

Great news. TECKNET

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Wow @Elyn - this is a huge and beautiful update that will definitely make retail a whole lot better and bring a bunch more folks over to try it out!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

After a few hours of using the Beta version, give whomever green-lit this a raise. Also tell them to add a cost per case field to the Square Item management and literally nothing would be missing from my needs to run my retail store.

This makes life so much easier once you get the grids set up.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

@PartyManiaMD- I agree. Beta is super easy. Just find the product picture & push the button. Bam! Easier and faster than scanning!

she, her, hers
Message 8 of 10
Super Seller

How nice!! Love this feature update. Side note - where can I get product photos done like that! These look beautiful.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

oooh. How nice! Can't wait to see/try this. Much more pleasing to look at than scrolling through the long lists of items. 

Message 10 of 10