x
Admin

Does your business do limited-time offers or sales? ๐Ÿท

How do you decide when to launch a sale event and what kind of discount to offer? Reply below to share your thoughts and experiences! 

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

We do over social media. Key is to stay on top of your social media through out the year so people are engaged!

Message 2 of 17
Super Seller

Yes, every New Year's Day we start a January Sale for the whole month. This is to sell through excess stock from the festive season, which as a food is time limited before expiration. We will be using the Square system to automatically set our festive items on sale both in store and online. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 3 of 17
Super Seller

We are starting Flash sales in 2 weeks throughout the holidays, Our plan is to scheduled a price change, for 2 days then send out emails with the direct links in the emails. 

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 4 of 17

Message 5 of 17

Message 6 of 17
Super Seller

We do! We run them via email for 24 hours as a flash sale - no sales. Maybe I will try social media next, based on the comments below!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 7 of 17
Super Seller

We send out a monthly newsletter using Square Marketing. In each newsletter we will do a discount on a product, service or product category (depending on what is typically slow during that month). We have seen great results with increases in the number of customers coming in and shopping. 

Message 8 of 17

Square marketing is a must!

Jeannie Davis
Message 9 of 17
Super Seller

I only do this a couple of times a year but FLASH SALES.

January is pretty quiet for my salon so on a day when my staff was working, I set up a flash sale on services.
25% off spray tans and teeth whitening Thursday and Friday. An email went out Thursday morning and again Friday. We posted all about it on stories on social media.

It would have otherwise been a $150 shift that turned into a $600 shift for her. It was a 6.5 hour shift. She did 2 teeth whitenings (3 hours) and 4 tans (2 hours), cleaned, then went home!

Again, I don't like running these often because I know my margins don't allow for this steep of a discount regularly but I thought I would share in case you're looking for a surge in revenue

Message 10 of 17
Super Seller

This is a great idea. January surprised us this year and was super slow. On the one hand it was a great way to recover from last year and get organized for the new year. On the other hand - bills still came in! Maybe next year we'll consider doing something like this, a sale to keep things moving despite the slower pace. There were days last month where we literally had no orders to make so spent time either cleaning, organizing, or coming up with a list of potential customers to call/email/send samples to later in the year. We made the down time productive but still - would have been nice to not have to worry about making ends meet at the end of the quieter months. 

Message 11 of 17
Super Seller

We don't do much of this but have ten days of deals planned for our 10th anniversary next month. As it happens, our freezer died over the weekend. Filling our other freezer, home freezers of managers, friends, and our own, we still had a lot. The next step, bake out everything we had remaining instead of throwing it away. We posted $1 pastries on socials while they last and a little blurb about the freezer. We sold our within 2 hours Sunday morning, 10x what we normally sell on a Sunday morning.

We'll be trying more flash selling. Note: almost everyone bought items from the menu in addition to the $1 pastries. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 12 of 17
Super Seller

On social media, we will post stories and say "mention this post for x% off" for same day appointments we are trying to fill. Or we will host a rebooking promo where they have to rebook for a date 30 days in the future for a discounted rate!

Message 13 of 17
Super Seller

Love this idea!

Message 14 of 17

I try to stay on top of my social media.  It takes commitment and it is HARD!  I sometimes don't have to design new product!  But engagement is the key.  

I run sales every month prior to a holiday on most items.  But I do it at least 6 weeks in advance.  i.e. I start running sales for Christmas the 2nd week of Christmas.  I start Valentines day the 1st of Jan.... and so on. 

I have made a commitment to take 2 full days a week to schedule posts out to appear on my social media channels a month in advance.  It is time consuming but so worth the engagement.  I am in the middle of redesigning my website on square so my social media is lacking right now.

Jeannie

Designz By Akiko

designzstore.com

Hope this helps a little.

Jeannie Davis
Message 15 of 17
Super Seller

Yes! When it is super busy, we capitalize on rebooking promos to get them back in the salon. The rebooking promo is equivalent to our package purchase price. We run them monthly, then change it up.

Message 16 of 17

At Optimismic we offer sales events as the seasons change and holidays

Message 17 of 17