x

What's the best way to advertise your business when you're on a budget?

Hi,

I'm Ryan 

I have a small business named Skull Diego. 

We sell men and women's clothing with skulls on them, and we have a variety of skull novelty items. Come checkout our online store at skull-diego.square.site

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi Nayr1904,

There's several options that are basically free - think Social Media Marketing:

Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your website and increasing sales. Creating engaging content and sharing it on social media platforms can help you reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your site.  Start with the basic social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, Pinterest, Google Maps, Google Places for Business and Yelp - the more you get your name out there the better and you can setup these accounts basically for no cost - it's just your time. Take your time and take lots of product pictures or detailed info about your services if that applies.

Also consider creating high-quality content, i.e., blog posts and/videos both can help attract and engage potential customers  Youtube and Vimeo are great for posting product videos at no cost. All you need is a camera, some thought and a little time.

Best of luck moving forward.

jk

Message 2 of 5

In addition to jk's ideas, I also find that contributing donations to local charity/fund raising events gets my business name out among the community. Generally, you can include a business card/info with the donated items also. 

Newsletters are another great way to build a following. When I do trade shows/vending events, I offer an item for raffle with contact cards as the way the customer can be included. I do let them know that unless they tell me otherwise, they will get an email of my monthly newsletter. They can unsubscribe any time they'd like.  Many repeat customers have resulted from the newsletters, which is basically a short email with newly available items, upcoming events and small stories sometimes. You can set these up through Square or just create your own email recipient list and create the email manually each week. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

these are all great ideas!!!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Post on social media, especially IG and Tiktok. Why do people buy your stuff, why did you start the brand, who mostly wears it, what are some problems you had to overcome. People will purchase based off story telling and because they like you and want to support you. 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 5 of 5