x

Advice on creating a monthly membership / subscription service

HI

We are looking to offer our customers a monthly food membership / subscription service. 

The monthly online payment link would do the basics but we need to collect more information from our customers for this to work efficiently. 

Has anyone used a 3rd party app to do this and could recommend? Square is suggesting Billforward, SuperPay or Chargify.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

We used to bill for reoccurring monthly charges thru square at the sports arena but didn’t use a 3rd party app. We had the people fill out a 1 time form to collect the information we needed then set up reoccurring invoices. One thing that caught my eye was the term subscription service. You many want to double check that what you’re wanting to set up is allowed under Square’s TOS. The reason I bring it up is that membership/ subscription service is the 5th item listed under prohibited items. Not sure if the fact that it’s a food subscription would change that but definitely something to check on

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

We used to bill for reoccurring monthly charges thru square at the sports arena but didn’t use a 3rd party app. We had the people fill out a 1 time form to collect the information we needed then set up reoccurring invoices. One thing that caught my eye was the term subscription service. You many want to double check that what you’re wanting to set up is allowed under Square’s TOS. The reason I bring it up is that membership/ subscription service is the 5th item listed under prohibited items. Not sure if the fact that it’s a food subscription would change that but definitely something to check on

Message 3 of 4

So where is the answer to this? How is it that square has not implemented an easy way to do memberships when it looks like people have been asking for this feature for years now? 

Message 4 of 4