x

Scheduled Deliveries - What does it do??

Can someone explain what this "Allow scheduled deliveries" button does?

screenshot-square.online-2020.11.17-16_27_16.png

When I enable or disable it, on my website, customers cannot select a specific time for deliveries. 

screenshot-dumplingnation.square.site-2020.11.17-16_46_21.png

However, for the pick-up times, it works. 

screenshot-dumplingnation.square.site-2020.11.17-16_33_51.png

Is this a bug?

Why does the scheduled deliveries not work for my website?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @dumplingnation - Scheduling for delivery is done during checkout for now, it looks like you're in the cart popup. 

Our Product Team switched it for pickup, just not delivery yet at this time. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for your reply. 

I see.

We think it causes some confusion to customers when going through our buying process. Even for us when trying to get to it. 

I guess we will have to warn customers to ignore everything about TIMING until the very end of the check-out process until Square moves the time slots in the first pop-up like theyre currently doing for Pick-ups. 

Leon

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one. Super confusing and not consistent with the pickup placement, but I'm pretty sure the scheduled delivery option will be moved soon to mirror pickup. Keep an eye out for an update.

@dumplingnation

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

We have decided to discontinue our Square website. It is taking too long to wait for an update from Square to adjust it.

Despite trying to look through alternatives and workarounds within the seller community here, we have decided to abandon the idea. 

We built a Wordpress + Woo-Commerce site with how we want the delivery times to be with a few paid plugins and it seems to be working well. 

Namely (for reference)

1. Woocommerce Order Delivery
  2. Woocommerce Distance Rate Shipping

Square is still our payment processor, but unfortunately, the square website side of it is too confusing for scheduling deliveries for our customers (which is what our business is grounded on). 

Thank you to the community here. 

Message 5 of 5