x
Admin

Dashboard iOS App: Ask us anything about the updates to sales reporting!

Hello Seller Community!

On January 31, 2023 we took a deep dive into questions and addressed your feedback about reporting on the Square Dashboard App. The Dashboard product manager, @JenLaxmi, and product designer, @cameron_s hosted this event. 

We know that real-time, on-the-go access to your business’ performance is crucial for your business. The insights sellers shared in this Q&A will help us make improvements to the Square Dashboard iOS App in 2023!

image (1).png

Have a look below to see what fellow sellers had to say and learn more from the product team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

It would be very helpful to me if the top categories in the sales report could be alphabetized and if I had more control over the dashboard library. I never use the 5 tabs at the top and I would like to get them out of the way.

Thank you,

beachbird92

Message 2 of 64
Square

Hi, @beachbird92

Just to clarify, is this specific to Reports on Dashboard Web? We’re making changes to the Dashboard app, but can certainly bring this feedback to our reporting team. Today on the app, you can alphabetically sort categories.

Message 3 of 64

I wish there was an option to print or capture the reports, simple printable data of sales and payments for the year/month for example, w/o the graphs, or maybe the graphs as an option?  That would be appreciated.  I couldn't print any report for the year as a document to show sales and fees.  Thank you for consideration.   

Message 4 of 64
Square

Thanks so much for raising this, @eccfc!

We’ll certainly speak with the team to see if there’s a way to send / export the report to a printing device directly from the mobile app. Have you tried exporting the reports through your computer via squareup.com/dashboard?

Message 5 of 64

Add live sales and open tickets so we can see what is happening. I toggle back and forth between the Dashboard and POS app when I am checking sales remotely from my phone. Also under timecards, being able to see when employees clocked in and out would be helpful. It just shows how many hours they have worked. 

Message 6 of 64
Square

Hi @Jenn2 👋🏼

We're happy to share that we already support live sales in the app. Tap the top left Account & Settings icon to select closed, open, or all checks. We hear you about the time cards feature, and are working with the Square Staff team to best support!

Message 7 of 64
Beta Member

I'd love to be able to see Net Sales when I click on Items or Categories!

Message 8 of 64
Square

@Jeff1982 We’re working on including the ability to view your Items or Categories comparisons by multiple metrics, such as Net Sales, Gross Sales, Transactions, and more with an upcoming release!

Message 9 of 64

it'd be great if you could do a year over year comparison of a specific time period.

i.e. if I wanted to look at 1/2-1/26 of this year and compare it to last year in the app,  I can only compare It to the prior period before, not the year before in the sales comparison section.

also, to be able to see the time card clock in and out times, not just the daily total

lastly, it'd be great to be able to see how much in service charges you collected in the dashboard app. the only way to see that is through the desktop version. i.e. we process a service charge- "cc processing fee 2.5%" to our customers.

Message 10 of 64
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @delanonursery! Our latest release allows for custom date range comparisons like the example you mentioned. We certainly hear you about the timecards feature, and are working with the Square Staff team to best support. With regards to service charges, we are looking to incorporate how to best include surcharges, tips and fees.

Message 11 of 64
Beta Member

We use Square Capital.  It would be very helpful if the bank deposit and the amount going to Square Capital was included in the Details section.  I have to look at the actual computer dashboard and my  bank app to find this information.

Message 12 of 64
Square

Hello @BevBafus! Great to know that you find the deposit information you see on the desktop useful. We’re working closely with our Banking team to best display all financial management information for our Square Capital sellers.

Message 13 of 64

I have been unable to open the dashboard app for over a month. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, and other suggestions from Square support. I use an iPhone 14pro, and it is up to date. Also have tried on a new iPad. Error I receive is GPBCodedInputStreamErrorDomain error-100.

I’ve submitted feedback on the App Store, and called several times. I was told the app had some bugs and was going away, so I stopped asking for help.  If that’s not the case, I’d love some support to get it back.  

Thanks

Message 14 of 64
Square

Hello @Zillies, sorry to hear you're having a problem logging in. This sounds like a known issue that has already been fixed in our latest release. Try updating your app in the App Store and login again. Happy to help if you’re still having issues!

Message 15 of 64
Beta Member

I wish Sqaure gave mobile notifications for every sale made just like Shopify we already have the email option on but a mobile notification would be a game changer 

Message 16 of 64
Square

@hypelasales Hello! We’re currently working on adding push notifications for the app, so we’ll keep this need in mind!

Message 17 of 64

The functionality should be the same. Instead of having two platforms and downloading two apps, can they merge and be given the option to have a dashboard "view" or to be able to use the full site. 

Message 18 of 64
Square

Thanks for your question, @BlackVelvetJust to clarify, are you asking to merge the Point of Sale experience with the Dashboard experience into a single app on mobile?

Message 19 of 64

Hi Jenlaxmi- 

yes, in your main app have a view option to be able to see more or less bs. Having multiple square apps and signing in and out of them all of the time.

Message 20 of 64

In the Restaurant Industry - It would be great if the DASHBOARD could provide a quick glance of how the business was trending so we can make judgements for staffing, prepping, etc. Under sales, it would be helpful to see comparison for more than just the week prior.  Many parts of the state have weather that affects their business.  For example, if I could see over the past FOUR Sundays what our sales were rather than just the previous Sunday as the previous week we may have had weather issues for our sales. Days of the week and times of day are important to navigate sales.  

It would also be helpful to see sales by tax category. Some days we are selling to multiple tax areas and would like to know what the sales are in each area.

Message 21 of 64