x
Admin

Dashboard iOS App: Ask us anything about the updates to sales reporting!

Hello Seller Community!

On January 31, 2023 we took a deep dive into questions and addressed your feedback about reporting on the Square Dashboard App. The Dashboard product manager, @JenLaxmi, and product designer, @cameron_s hosted this event. 

We know that real-time, on-the-go access to your business’ performance is crucial for your business. The insights sellers shared in this Q&A will help us make improvements to the Square Dashboard iOS App in 2023!

image (1).png

Have a look below to see what fellow sellers had to say and learn more from the product team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Square

@hatchkitchen This is great feedback, thank you. We’re hearing this from multiple sellers, so we’ll be looking into adding the ability to view a series of time periods (e.g. last four Sundays). We’re also adding the capability to compare sales by various properties, so comparing by tax areas may be possible. We’ll look into that as well!

Message 22 of 64

Will square EVER have the capability to create in INVOICE and the INVENTORY BE REDUCED IMMEDIATELY and not when the invoice is paid??  We have different shipping options and once we create the invoice and the inventory is not immediately reduced we sometimes OVERSALE.  Please add this feature SOON!

Message 23 of 64
Square

I've got some good news for you @cpatracey !

This feature went live end of last year and is ready for you to start using! 🎉

Inventory now has the ability to get deducted when you send the invoice instead of when it gets paid. I've linked the support article here to show how you can take the necessary steps in order to start using this feature.

Trisha_m
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 24 of 64
Beta Member

Small QOL improvements can include:

- displaying which location you're viewing instead of it being hidden through the Pin menu. 

- having an option to View All Locations with a single checkbox so I don't need to check everything back one by one

- right now the Dashboard App is mostly just a Reports and Messages app. A better more robust inventory portion of the app to help track sales would be amazing. If there was an app dedicated to item intake/scanning/checking that would be incredible. 

-when I tap a category from the home Reports menu screen, I would like to be taken to that specific category, rather than seeing every category. 

Message 25 of 64
Square

@JoyOne Hi! We’re happy to let you know that an “All locations” checkbox and a more informative location button are already planned! Thanks for telling us about the inventory use case - we will be adding more Back-Office features to the app, so Inventory is top of mind.

Message 26 of 64
Beta Member

I am interested in learning more about the dashboard app. I look at my dashboard and never seem to get the information I am looking for and think I am in the wrong place.  So there is an actual "App"? LOL... I will explore more but anything I can do to run my business more efficiently and from my mobile devices is desirable.

Right now I land on my dashboard in my mobile and can't seem to get to the landing page I want. It takes time to get to where I want to be and can't always find what I am looking for.

Hopefully being involved with this group will help me learn how to navigate things more smoothly.

Message 27 of 64
Square

@BeaverTalesLLC Yes! We currently offer the Square Dashboard App for iOS, which allows you to monitor sales, customer messages, and notifications. We’re currently working on an Android version as well.

Message 28 of 64
Super Seller

First let me say THANK YOU for remembering that the Dashboard app is a thing. It's been a hot minute since it's seen any love for sure. 🙂

I'm in agreement with the comments before mine, so I'll take this opportunity to campaign for a better Dashboard experience on an iPad, especially in landscape mode. Having a full screen app that looks more like the web dashboard would be pretty slick, especially if us merchants could customize what data is shown.

And I'm going to stay on my soapbox about an Apple Watch addon too: having the daily sales on my wrist may not be a world-changer, but it'd be pretty slick.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 29 of 64
Square

Hi @ryanwanner! We can’t wait to improve it too, and we definitely see the need to support more devices. For now, since an apple watch version isn’t available yet, we recommend installing the iOS home screen widget for quick glances at sales data. Thanks for the feedback!

Message 30 of 64

Hi, I own a high volume ice cream and sandwich shop and would like to see keystroke tracking to monitor the possibility of orders being taken then deleted or erased to the customer.  A major pizza franchise in my hometown had their food cost going up but couldn't figure out how until they finally saw through key strokes an employee was deleting orders at the drive thru and was then pocketing the cash for thousands of dollars at a loss.  That would be the ultimate addition for this system for me.  keep up the great work! thanks brian

Message 31 of 64
Square

@BJA Hello! Thanks for the feedback, we’ll pass this along to the teams involved.

Message 32 of 64

thanks!

Message 33 of 64
Beta Member

I would like to be able to see the individual transactions in the app.

Message 34 of 64
Square

Hi @EdE1911, thanks for the feedback! We’re hearing this a lot - this feature is a high priority for us.

Message 35 of 64
Beta Member

Would love to be able to set a custom time range as my default. My sales time goes from 2am to 2am the following day, and I have to set this every time I open the app.

Related, it would be nice to be able to set some templates for time ranges...so I could quickly go to Noon-5pm sales, or 5pm to Midnight sales, AND be able to compare that to previous week/month/year.

Would love to be able to choose a custom range [say...Monday through Thursday of the current week] and be able to compare to one week prior, one month prior, one year prior, for the same Mon-Thu period.

I ALWAYS want to see current up-to-the-minute sales...it seems this feature comes and goes [or maybe I'm doing something wrong?]

Message 36 of 64
Square

@MacLeodAle Thanks for this feedback! Time range presets are top of mind for us. With this next update you’ll be able to compare custom periods to 52 weeks prior and 1 year prior, but one week and one month will be coming in a subsequent update. You should be already seeing up-to-the-minute data - the only change we’ve made recently is bringing back hourly increments for the sales chart, but that will still show the hour total up to the last minute.

Message 37 of 64

Do you plan to develop a dashboard app for android? If so, when?

Message 38 of 64
Square

Hi, @AntiquestoreWe’re beginning to chip away at an Android App already! We’re excited to share timelines for early access soon. Stay tuned. 😊

Message 39 of 64
Beta Member

Hello. I would love a function that would allow you to write a note per day that could be seen when you compare your current sales with previous sales. It would be great if weather could be saved with the date as well. Sometimes a rainy day makes a difference in sales as well. Otherwise a big thanks for the app. Appreciate your hard work. 

Message 40 of 64
Square

@Rootscafe639 Thanks for this feedback! We know how important this context is when viewing reports, so we’re actively thinking about the best way to handle this!

Message 41 of 64
Beta Member

Here are my wishlist items. I run a multifaceted venue so we have multiple locations as well.

1. One app where you can access all features for Admins, right now i'm using 3 separate apps for Square areas. Dashboard, Team, and Sales

2. Ability to compare multiple years together, like being able to compare 2020, 2021, and 2022 together. 

3. Ability to view transaction quantities, I'd like to see this on the full website report feature as well. Example is that we sold 88,000 tickets in 2022 and I want to know how many transactions were done to reach that many tickets. (we are a pay per ride amusement park, so looking at more efficient methods to track customer numbers)

4. Customer Insight information available on dashboard, same for full website reporting. Being able to see the actual numbers of how many new customers vs returning customers came that year. We are a tourism business and use that for reporting for grants.

5. A note feature per day as RootsCafe mentioned, this would be amazing for us to utilize.

6. Sales Trends visible on Dashboard so we can look at a glance on what our peak times are.

7. Location being viewed displayed more prominently. I didn't even find out that I could select which location I want to look at until reading one of the comments below because it's hidden. 

Message 42 of 64