x
Admin

Free workshops & discussion panels with Square & Fast Company!

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 1.59.33 PM.png

Hello Seller Community!

This Friday, October 1st, Square partnered with Fast Company to host a day of panel discussion and workshops to support small business owners as part of Fast Company’s Innovation Festival.

Check out the "Best Answer" below for a recording on the discussion panels.

Panels:

11:45 AM - 12:30 PM (EDT): Never Miss a Sale: How to Future Proof Your Business

• Description: You want your customers to have an amazing shopping experience whether it’s on social media, online, or at a brick-and-mortar location. So, maximize your success with a strategy that achieves your goals while delivering an authentic experience, wherever your customers are shopping. Learn from top entrepreneurs and experts as they share their best practices for building a winning customer experience strategy—and inspire you to do the same.  

1:45 PM - 2:30 PM (EDT): Profit through purpose: Turn your company's values into customer loyalty

• Description: Research shows that 81% of customers will go out of their way to shop with a brand that aligns with their own personal values, while 42% of millennials said they started or grew a relationship with a brand based on its social impact. So, it’s clear that being “purpose driven” isn’t just window dressing anymore—it needs to be in your brand’s DNA if you’re going to be successful and create a loyal community of customers. Hear the inspirational stories of how these all-star entrepreneurs and marketing moguls built successful companies based on their core values and learn everything you need to know about becoming a mission-based entrepreneur.

Workshops:

10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (EDT): Community counts: How to turn yours into a competitive edge

• Description: The ties that bind us together have changed during the pandemic as thoughtful consumers continue to focus on places in their own neighborhoods—both physical and digital—to find a sense of community. That means that understanding and connecting meaningfully with the people that surround your business takes on extra importance. In this workshop, learn from top business owners and experts about building in-store and online community-driven businesses through social media, customer engagement, and digital and in-store sales tactics.

10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (EDT): How to Win at Social Selling 

• Description: Social media isn’t just about posting a pretty picture or updating your business’s hours. The latest solutions include live-stream selling, marketing on TikTok, and more. So, what is the right strategy and authentic approach for your business? That’s exactly what this workshop will help its attendees understand. Square and FastCo Works bring together some top business owners who have mastered social selling as well as social media experts to help guide and inspire you in this hands-on workshop.

12:30 PM - 1:00 PM (EDT): How to Sell and Get Paid–Anywhere

• Description: From QR codes to shoppable Instagram posts, customers want to be able to pay in the way that works for them. And so how can business owners stay in sync with their customers without it becoming a complicated mess?  Whether you’re starting or growing your business, this interactive workshop will give you the inside scoop on how you can accept multiple payment forms without making more work for yourself.

12:30 PM - 1:00 PM (EDT): Refresh, recharge, repeat: Maximize your “me” time and kickstart your creativity

• Description: As a small business owner, finding that critical balance between work and life can seem challenging but it’s not impossible. You need to also step away and find moments to invest in self-care to avoid burnout but also to provide headspace for that next great idea. Join this workshop to hear how other small business owners carve out this critical personal time and learn about the tools and tactics you can use to make it happen.

Hope you found these resources to be useful for your business — feel free to reply below with any reactions or insights that may be useful for other Seller Community members!

Stay tuned for future events within the Seller Community, and find more resources from previous Q&As and webinars on our Community Events page.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Sellers! For those who couldn't catch the event, I'm sharing the recordings of the discussion panels here. Check them out below:

Never Miss a Sale: How to Future Proof Your Business

Profit Through Purpose: Turn Company Values into Customer Loyalty

Feel free to check out Square's YouTube channel for additional resources!

️ Tom | he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Id love to attend but have clients all day. Too short notice. Will I be able to gain access to a recording?

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Great callout @Miriam2020 (also tagging @Jillighted and @PCDlOLA so they see this)!

Yes, there will be a recording for those who register. If you sign up on the ticket page, you'll receive a notification of the recording from Fast Company after the event wraps up.

We will also share out recordings on Square's YouTube channel — I'll update this thread as I have more to share on that.

Hope this helps clear things up but please don't hesitate to let us know if any questions remain. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Message 3 of 13

Is this a free workshop? 

Message 4 of 13
Admin

Hey @TinyOwl, yes — the workshops and discussion panels listed above are free! This link should allow you to get your free pass: https://events.fastcompany.com/innovationfestival21/tickets-square 

If you encounter any trouble with being prompted to pay, please try clearing your cache and/or opening in a different web browser. Hopefully this gets you where you need to be.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 13

Hi Tom

What should I pick in Registrant Type section? I’m trying to register but it asks me to pay for the registration. 

Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

Free tried on two browsers and all I got was a $299.00 fee

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 7 of 13
Admin

Hi @GourmetOnWheels and @reems_gold, I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble and for my delayed response. That link should have taken you to the correct page to get the free pass. 😕 Were you about to get this sorted out? If either of you weren't able to get through, keep watch on this thread as I'll share out recordings of these discussions as soon as they become available on our YouTube page. 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Message 8 of 13
Super Seller

@Tom First of the notification about this event was really late and then it was very hard to find out which pass was free. I gave up when 6 events were already over.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 9 of 13

It's good to know that there will be recordings. Would you please post them to BitChute.com and/or BrightEon.com for those of us who don't use YouTube?

Message 10 of 13

Oh, that's important! It would be helpful if Tom would list the compatible browsers. I use Vivaldi.

Message 11 of 13

What if our internet was down and only repaired on Mon, Oct. 3rd? That happened to me. And, like Miriam2020, I had previous commitments.

Message 12 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Sellers! For those who couldn't catch the event, I'm sharing the recordings of the discussion panels here. Check them out below:

Never Miss a Sale: How to Future Proof Your Business

Profit Through Purpose: Turn Company Values into Customer Loyalty

Feel free to check out Square's YouTube channel for additional resources!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 13 of 13