x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Beta Member

thecraftygs.square.site 

Chris Harding
Message 2 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @thecraftygs! I really like the image you use in the background of your header. 

Here are a couple of points that jumped out at me:

• As much as I like that graphic, I would use it a little more sparingly elsewhere on the site. If you have more than one section, try alternating backgrounds. This visually separates each section more for visitors and makes it easier for a person to absorb information.
  • On your About page, I move some of your text into a second section, that way you don’t have one tall and narrow column of text with a picture half way through.
Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 152
Super Seller

twigflowers.online

Message 4 of 152
Admin

Hello, @Twiggy!! 

Your logo is great! Let it be said how much just having a professional logo can do for the look of a business and its website.

Your site is pretty well laid out and it took me a little while to look through and find some recommendations:

• With the header section background on your home page, the “welcome” text is a little lost because of how much your eye is drawn to the flowers themselves. It might make sense to remove the text and add it to the top of the section right below the header.
  • Further down there’s a section with “An eye for detail” as text, and then an empty section below it. I think you could probably remove the empty section and the horizontal line from the “eye for detail” section, too. It’ll help tighten up that section of the page a little bit.
Adam
Message 5 of 152
Super Seller

Thanks Adam -  deleted welcome and removed the eye for detail xxx 

Message 6 of 152

My site is BarkeliciousBakes.square.site

Message 7 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @BarkeliciousB. Quite a few satisfied dogs on your website!

Here are some suggestions you could try with your site:

• Have you considered using a custom domain name with the site? It can increase the professional look of the site.
  • Do you have any images showing the making of the treats? Sometimes with handmade items like these, letting people have a little peek into the craftsmanship used to make them helps to reinforce that they’re made by hand.
Adam
Message 8 of 152

Message 9 of 152
Admin

Hi, @LaromaHome! Those pumpkin candles are pretty cute. 🎃

These suggestions are pretty minor, so if you’re happy with your site you definitely don’t need to change anything:

• Your header background image is bold and eye-catching (which is great!). Do you have a similar image where the lighting of the candles is a bit brighter? Not only would this make the candles easier to see, but it gives you more options with the text you have on it (which is a bit hard to read on top of the cream-coloured candle).
  • Do you have any images showing the process of making candles? Maybe it’s just me, but with handmade items I like getting a peek into the process that the craftsperson uses to make the item I’m buying.
Adam
Message 10 of 152
Beta Member

Message 11 of 152
Admin

Thanks for posting, @Wonderboom!

• Have you considered putting a featured items section on your homepage? You can drive more sales for specific items by featuring them like that.
  • Do you have your spices organized into categories in Square Online? If you do, you could then link to different categories from your site navigation. This helps customers find specific types of items.
Adam
Message 12 of 152

My site is www.kingtechnicalapparel.co.uk 

thanks. 

Message 13 of 152
Admin

Hello, @KingTechnicalAp!

Your site is really nice, so my suggestions are going to be pretty minor.

• On your custom sock orders page, you might want to consider splitting your text into more than one section, that way the image on the left isn’t floating midway down a column of text.
  • Do you have any other stories to add to your stories page? The one you do have is great - it would be awesome to see more.
Adam
Message 14 of 152

Thank you so much for reviewing my site. I will update my site based on your comments. 

Message 15 of 152

Shop.environmental-art.co.uk

Message 16 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @EnArt!

I really like the “return to main website” link in your navigation. It makes it super clear to someone that this is the online store and for more information they should go to the main website.

Have you considered including your Instagram feed on the main page of your store? I think that would add a bit more visual interest for customers when they land on the home page.

Adam
Message 17 of 152

Hi Adam,

Thanks, I think That's a great idea and I'm going to do just that!

Cheers

Message 18 of 152
Super Seller

Cocochemistry.co.uk

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 19 of 152
Admin

Your site is fantastic, @phillipsrw! Everything is on brand from the colors and fonts to the background images.  Have you considered including your Instagram feed on your site? It can incentivize people to follow you there, which means they see updates more regularly and are more likely to return and make another purchase.

Adam
Message 20 of 152

Message 21 of 152