x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @Diversified! I’ve mentioned this to a few other people, but including your Instagram feed on the site itself is a great way to gain followers (and in turn gain more sales).

Have you thought about adding customer reviews? I could see reviews being helpful for people, particularly if they’re descriptive of how the item helped them.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 22 of 152
Beta Member

Message 23 of 152
Admin

Hello, @Mel-at-Reverie! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I really like that you have customer reviews, but I wonder if you could use a different section type so you have some side-by-side instead of one long column. That will make it easier for visitors to read reviews without scrolling.

Another thing you could do is include your Instagram feed like I’ve mentioned to a few other people. It has a dual effect of increasing instagram followers and also getting more people back to the website.

Adam
Message 24 of 152

Message 25 of 152
Admin

Nice job matching the styling of the site to your branding, @mapt!

Do you have customer reviews enabled for your items? Positive reviews have a lot of sway with potential customers, and you can also add good reviews elsewhere to your site as promotional tools.

Adam
Message 26 of 152

Message 27 of 152
Admin

Hi, @MintDot!

Thanks for sharing. Have you considered using a custom domain name? They add a touch of “officialness” to a site, and are often easier for people to remember.

One other thing that could be helpful: do you have any advice on how someone should find the correct size for their dog? It might be helpful to have a dedicated sizing page.

Adam
Message 28 of 152

Fungifarmer

Message 29 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @Fungi-Farmer!

Really cool to see you have merch on your site! I also think your site matches well to your branding.

Do you have any customer reviews? It might be helpful to enable reviews for your items.

I also think it would be cool to see some images of how you grow and manage your mushrooms prior to selling. It’s not necessary, of course, but behind-the-scenes images bring a human touch to a website.

Adam
Message 30 of 152

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to add some of the production pics but I have concentrated the media on the FB page. Would be nice to add a growers guide. Some stats of how many people are viewing the pages would give me an idea of whether that is worth doing. Do you know where I can access my page stats? It is redirected from my .co.uk page so the stats for unique  viewers may be skewed.

Mark

Message 31 of 152

Message 32 of 152
Admin

Hello, @WendyBRC!

Item reviews would also be really helpful for your site; with the kinds of products you have, praise directly from customers can mean a lot.

While I didn’t find it hard to find contact information, it might not hurt to add an actual “Contact Us” page with a contact form and other info.

Adam
Message 33 of 152

Thank you!

Message 34 of 152

Message 35 of 152
Square Community Moderator

I love how informative your home page is @theweegiftshop 😊

I think you have enough content on the home page (and website overall) however, if you do add more, I recommend the Instagram Section that Adam has suggested above.

I also noticed you have two Gift Card pages in your navigation. One goes to a page on your site, and the other redirects to the Squareup Gift Card page. Is this something you are testing out to decide which you like better?

Message 36 of 152

uksawtooth.com

Message 37 of 152

Very cool product @uksawtooth  I also appreciate that you have added the exact locations you ship to and included extra information about the added VAT & duty charges on your info page. I think this often gets overlooked, so great job on that.

I had a pretty good idea of what the product was from the image on the home page, but wasn’t able to confirm until I clicked on one of the items on the shop page and viewed the additional images. It might be helpful to add an image gallery to your home page so that visitors can get a full overview of how the product works.

Message 38 of 152

Message 39 of 152

This is such a nice, clean setup @grantsofsomerse  Everything flows nicely, and the information is both informative, and easy to find. I really like that you added a map and highlighted the definition of your store’s local delivery area. A+

One thing I would suggest is adding a link from your story post to the shop item. You can do this by adding a link to the image, or you can create some text links. This post, for example, could link to your category page here. 🙂

Message 40 of 152

Thanks for all the feedback. Really appreciate the positive comments and we'll definitely add those links from the stories.

Do you have any tips for improving our Domain Authority? It's very low and the header tags in Weebly seem a bit clunky.

Message 41 of 152

Newburys.co.uk

Message 42 of 152