x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Square Community Moderator

All of the images on your site look so polished! It can really make a big difference having uniform images, so great job on that. @jeweller35 

I think it might be helpful to rearrange and organize the navigation section. Perhaps group similar page types (like store information) and create sub navigation. This article has a section towards the bottom for rearranging pages and navigation.

Sometimes it helps me to think of navigation like the table of contents of a book. You could write down all of your pages you currently have on the site, then map out a plan to best group them. There's a lot of useful pages buried under your "more" link that people might overlook. You could also create buttons to call out different pages on your site like the bangle sizing guide. 😊

Message 43 of 152
Beta Member

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

Message 44 of 152
Square Community Moderator

These yarn colors are so beautiful and vivid @tonydow 😍 I would definitely add some images of your items to your home page to highlight your work.

You could do this with a slideshow or gallery, or you could use the Instagram option. I especially like the images on your shop page that show a side by side of your inspiration. Those would be great to showcase on your home page.

Have you ever thought about adding an About Me page so people can get to know your story more? How and why you began dying yarn, the process, etc. I find this information intriguing and always click on the page if I see the page on a site.

Message 45 of 152
Beta Member

Thanks Bernadette. I have added some images to the homepage and just waiting for approval from the ‘boss’ before adding an About Me page.

Message 46 of 152
Beta Member

Message 47 of 152
Admin

Hello, @Gavwake! Thanks for sharing your site.

A couple things that I thought of after navigating around your online ordering page:

• You could make the navigation back and footer background the same dark blue used by your logo, assuming you know what the color is. This would make your logo sit better in both and provide some visual separation for the navigation and footer.
  • Do you have product images for the items in your store that don’t currently have one? I like the images you have already - it would be great to see those for the other items that don’t currently have one.
Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 48 of 152
Super Seller

www.mjdonlineuk.com 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 49 of 152
Admin

Hey, @MJD! I see you did decide on a domain name! 🙂

Your site is laid out well and has much of what I’d expect to see. Have you considered adding the instagram section to your home page? Instagram seems to be having issues at the moment, but I assume you take a lot of photos and share them there. It’d give you some nice dynamic content to have on your homepage.

Adam
Message 50 of 152
Super Seller

I’ll try to fit that in and I need to start posting there more, great idea, thanks Adam your advice is always the best!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 51 of 152
Beta Member

Message 52 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @billiebubb! A couple thoughts after viewing your site that you could try:

• I really love the image of all the hanging plants above your footer, though it’s a little hard to read the text on top of it. You could add another section above for your newsletter form and just leave the section with the plant back with nothing on it.
  • A gallery page might be a nice way to show off more plants, especially if you have a lot of seasonal plants - it’d be a cool way to show off plants that may not be available right now.
Adam
Message 53 of 152

Message 54 of 152
Admin

Hi, @homeandscents

It’s nice to see the pink in your branding being utilized across the site! One thing you might want to consider is alternating section backgrounds between the pink and white (or something else). It’ll help break up the content of your pages a bit so it’s easier for visitors to absorb everything.

Like others on this thread, I also recommend using the Instagram section if you make frequent use of Instagram. It’s an easy way to add dynamic content to a site. 🙂

Adam
Message 55 of 152
Beta Member

My site is www.evanandarrows.co.uk - many thanks

Message 56 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @Ben24!

Your site is very cleanly laid out and organized, and content-wise has everything you’d want to see. 

Are you using item reviews? I see customer reviews on your site, so you could turn on item reviews for your items so there are star rating/reviews on the item pages themselves.

Adam
Message 57 of 152

blamebutter.co.uk

Message 58 of 152
Admin

Hello, @blamebutter!

I love the name of the business and the “secret microbakery” description. Funny when you think about it since a pie also keeps its filling secret until you eat it.

Two things I think you could add to your site:

• Do you have photos of your pies? Adding product photos goes a long way toward selling something to someone online where they can’t easily see it. It’s definitely made a difference for me when I was ordering food online.
  • Instagram seems to be having issues at the moment, but do you make frequent use of it? If you do you might want to consider adding that to your homepage with the Instagram section for dynamic content.
Adam
Message 59 of 152

birchingtonframing.co.uk

https://www.birchingtonframing.co.uk/

Message 60 of 152

Hi seems we are neighbours - just getting our business up and running from Margate!! Very interested in your site as have a particular piece needs framing ( funds tight at mo but will be in touch) If you have any inspiration or tips for using square more than just POS (as we are currently doing would be greatly appreciated - Thanks and Best Wishes

Message 61 of 152

Hi,  Nature Boy, good luck with your start up business.  Its all been trial and error with us tbh.  We like Square and find the dashboard easy to understand.  Setting up a website/online store was something lockdown pushed us into, and we were working blind really, as neither of us had previous IT skills re website etc.  Anyway after many, many hours we do have a site up and running, it took us a while to truly understand and separate POS and Online store although they work together, there is more to upload on the online side of things.

I would say that every time I have phoned Square for advice, they have always been really helpful and explained what I need to do.  I  wish I had phoned them earlier on, rather than struggle through!

We are now working at increasing sales via online to supplement our high street shop .  kind regards Lorrain & Paul

Message 62 of 152

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply so honestly - I will surely look you up soon - In the means time all the very best 

Message 63 of 152