x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Square Community Moderator

What a fun site, @Forginthecraft 😊 It makes me want to dig all of my crafting supplies out of storage! I love that you created a subscriber's section on the site. How does one gain access to the page, and what is behind the door? I'm definitely intrigued, and I'm assuming the information may have been in the initial popup that I closed out? It might be worthwhile to add another section or page to highlight the offer in case others miss the popup as well.

I also suggest changing the site titles on the Commissions page to match the titles on the Workshops page. I believe it is the same font, but the all caps on the Commissions page is a little hard to read. Will you be creating Event Items for the store? You can link those to the descriptions on the Workshop page, or the images on your home page so customers are able to sign up.

Message 127 of 152
Beta Member

Aww thank you so much for the feedback.

The subscribers page is accessible only by those who subscribe to my newsletter, with a password I give them in their welcome email and remind in newsletter email. The pop up is there to enable people to subscribe and access the offer, or whatever perk is available at the time. I need to update it actually because I have had a couple difficult and busy months with orders and workshops, so I am behind with this...

On the subscriber page I add hidden items only subscribers have access to for free (such as tutorials, special discount code) , a video newsletter and any other photos or links that might be useful. 

I will create event items when I am the one organising the workshop, but so far I have been a guest tutor so I don't deal with the bookings. 

Message 128 of 152
Beta Member

Message 129 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @CityOfBeer! I’m always here for a brewing site, even if I’m more of a scotch guy.

Do you use social media to promote your business and interact with customers? If you do, it might be good to link to that in your header and footer. I also noticed that you have a separate ordering site for burgers. Are those handled fully separately from how you handle alcohol sales? I was just wondering why you chose to make different sites if they’re at the same location.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 130 of 152
Beta Member

Good idea adding socials!

Our kitchen is rented out by a totally separate at the moment which is why they're being kept separate.

Message 131 of 152

Message 132 of 152

I love that you went with a darker theme, @pizzajockeys The black and yellow combination looks great together. I also love that booking widget that you have. Very cool use of the Embed Code section. 😊

Have you considered adding an About Me page so that you can share your story, or highlight some staff profiles? Do you have any customer reviews you can share on the page? 

Message 133 of 152
Beta Member

OK, is Bscho just spamming all of us? Adding us to a listing site? Is this approved with Square?

Chris Harding
Message 134 of 152
Admin

Sorry about that @thecraftygs! You shouldn't see their posts anymore.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 135 of 152

My shop is www.stitchable.uk

Message 136 of 152
Admin

Hello, @AliceB!

It looks like you made this with Squarespace rather than Square Online, although your site looks nice! I’m curious - is the ad that pops up on the bottom of your site something you added to get ad revenue, or something Squarespace does?

Adam
Message 137 of 152

Square is providing us POS only at this starting point. Quickly realising our website is out there amongst billions it would be good to hear any of your feedback regarding taking square to the next level ... Any advice appreciated ... 

Message 138 of 152
Beta Member

Message 139 of 152

Nice site. How are you advertising it? How long have you had it?

Bscho
Message 140 of 152

I advertise via social media mainly. Have had it just over 1 year 

Message 141 of 152

Great job on your site @ShaunG 

The featured categories on the home page look clean and polished. I also like that you have included all of your store policies in your footer for easy access.

Maybe it would be helpful to alert customers that you offer free shipping on standard shipments. You could add a notification bar at the top of the site to display this information.

Message 142 of 152
Beta Member

Message 143 of 152

Really nice job on your site, @okaycokey  I love the way the logo colors pop when you first open the home page, and your product pictures are fantastic!

I see you have your shipping and refund policy on your item description pages, but it might also be helpful to create a dedicated page with the information. A lot of sites will keep important links like this in the footer of the site. You could also add it to your top navigation as well. 😊

Message 144 of 152

Message 145 of 152
Admin

Hello, @morningdog6!

As a dog owner, I love that the business name came from your pet dogs! I also want to know what Scottish coffee roasted in a wood cabin tastes like. Someday!

Back to your website, though. I think the main thing that jumped out at me was the homepage is a little light on content. You could try featuring a few products, adding some images of the coffee, comments from customers, etc.

Adam
Message 146 of 152

webhouses-108063.square.site

Bscho
Message 147 of 152