x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

Is this issue STILL not resolved?  If so, this is nuts! Square just has to make a customizable "thank you" page that pops up after the sale, or is included in the email to the customer to confirm the sail. And that's where we should be able to say thanks using our own verbiage and if desired, add a link for the customer to download a PDF.

Why would this obvious, vital feature not be offered YEARS ago?

I know this is an older thread but it seems that the problem is still present. If you're looking for you're product to be automatically sent out, you can use Zapier. Once an order is placed it will trigger the workflow

Google Forms seems to be working nicely for this too. Just get their Payable plug-in (search YouTube for videos) and you've got a simple, free solution that connects with Square and other processors too. It's very bare-bones design but seems to work nicely. I expect to launch my book this way in the next few days.

What if I wanted to create a password protected page and upload the audio file to that?

Instead of video files, I want to put audio files on a webpage and I can't seem to figure out how.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @natureinstead 😊

We do not have an audio element at this time, but you could use the Embed Code section to display an audio widget. Here is a support article with more information.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Seller Community!  

I’m another one desperate for this function to sell my embroidery files. It would be so helpful . 

When will Square have instant digital download capabilities?  Thanks in advance.

Admin
Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi everyone! Our Square Online team is currently looking into this as an option. When we have more information we will update this request.

I would really like customers to automatically get their digital purchase emailed to them rather than me manually having to send it.

June 7th, 2020

www.awakenedlashesbyjamielyn.com

Hello, I just Created my first Digital Item. Its a Video Tutorial I made through my iPhone. 

After reading all of the messages and concerns Im assuming Square Up STILL HAS NOT created an add on feature where you can upload your digital item file so that it is readily available as soon as a customer purchases your digital product, added it to the cart and checked out. 

the only features square up has is "Creating a Digital Item" and then adding a "Cover" photo to display on your website and then add a little description what the customer is buying. 

this sucks that us website builders have to MANUALLY send emails attaching the digital file to the customer after they had made the purchase. Like we really have to STATE it in the description box, after you paid, please text or email or whatever, showing proof of your purchase and you will receive the digital file through email address. How sloppy and unprofessional this is *facepalm* STEP IT UP SQUARE UP. This is a new era. 

If you want a free site to upload digital products where people can purchase it and have access to your digital content ASAP after purchasing, create a login account and use WWW.PAYHIP.COM ( yes its free )