x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask any questions about Square’s Subscription Management Software

Square’s subscription management software allows any business to easily create recurring revenue streams. If your business utilises subscriptions, memberships, donations or other forms of recurring payments, our product team wants to hear from you. Not using this service but interested in learning more? This is also the event for you. 

We're excited to welcome @jean_sq from the Subscriptions team for a Question & Answer session! Her team is eager to learn about how they can better address your business's recurring payment needs as well as answer any questions you may have. Learn more about Square Subscriptions before the event. 

subscriptions Q&A.jpeg

Photo Credit: Ambitious Creative Co. - Rick Barrett on Unsplash.

When: Post your questions to this thread before Tuesday, September 27 and check back with us on Wednesday, September 28, as she responds. 

A few example questions:

• I'm just getting started with memberships for my business — what should I keep in mind as I get set up?
  • If I could do "_______" with memberships, that would make my customers' experience much better.
  • What are the latest subscription and membership features and how do I activate them?
  • What ways are available for me to interact with my members or subscribers?

Note: Although we can't share specific details on our product roadmaps, this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

Click Reply below to post a question ahead of time, and we’ll address as many posts as we can on Wednesday, September 28.👇

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8

Have my subscriptions in place for Mypilatesflow pilates classes and all working well.  My question is how do I temporarily pause a subscription payment? For example a two week break when I'm on holiday?  As a sole trader working alone my classes won't run during this time.  At the moment I am thinking I will have to cancel all clients subscriptions and re start when this crops up.  Is there any easier way to do this?  Also could perhaps when adding 'a plan' could there be an option to enter non continuous dates at this point?

Many thanks

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Hi. This is the instructions to pause shown in the help article:

1. From Payments > Subscriptions, click on the subscription you want to pause.
  2. Click the more options icon (…) on the Subscription detail view and select Pause subscription.
  3. Choose to pause the subscription Indefinitely or By billing cycle.
  4. To confirm your selection, click Save.
https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 3 of 9
Community Team

Hi @MyPilatesflow,

When you create a subscription plan, you have the option to add “pause and resume” capability which means you could pause a subscription for a chosen period of time. With regards to non-contiguous dates for plans, that is not currently supported. To learn more about setting up plans (as well as pause and resume), I’d read our getting started article - that walks you through getting started creating subscription plans through Square Dashboard and Square Point of Sale.

Message 4 of 9

Are there any plans to allow us to edit the price of a plan? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear possible to update/edit the price of a subscription from the plans page? It's always greyed out... So if I wanted to update a price, I'd have to create a new product?

Message 5 of 9
Community Team

Hi @PBF

You are correct that it’s not currently supported and you do need to create a new plan with the new price. However, the team is hoping to tackle that feature in 2023 as we know it’s a frequent request from sellers!

Message 6 of 9
Community Team

I'd also be curious to understand what is your expectation of what will happen to the existing subscribers of the plan? Do they get the new price? Grandfather existing into old price and new subscribers get new price? Thanks!

Message 7 of 9

hi 🙂 is there a way of catering for different number of days in a month and adapting subscription amount for this.  for example a client pays £50 per service every friday.  easy setting £200 for the month BUT is there a way to have this change to £250 for the months with 5 fridays in? thanks

Message 8 of 9
Community Team

Hi @coachcarter13 , we will be launching custom billing dates (ability to pick a particular day to bill every month/week) but not sure that will handle your example. You want the system to detect and bill one price if there are 4 Fridays in a month and bill a higher price if there are 5 Fridays? I don't think Subscriptions can accommodate that but I'll ask our team to see if there is a solution I'm missing here.

Message 9 of 9