x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Gift Cards!

On Tuesday 15th October at 1pm PST we hosted Square Gift Cards Live Q&A!

The holiday season is fast approaching and we want to make sure you’re prepared. The Product Manager for the Gift Cards team at Square, @lilychiang, will be joining us to answer all your questions about Square Gift Cards. 

Square Gift Cards are easy to set up, customize, and sell and they're a convenient gift option for your customers at this busy time of year. You can order physical Gift Cards from Square, and did you know you can offer digital Square eGift cards too? 

Whether you’re not sure if digital or physical Gift Cards are right for your business, or if you’ve used Gift Cards before — join us! 

Here are some example questions:

• How do I order Gift Cards?
  • Can I restrict Gift Card sales to certain team members (e.g. managers)?
  • Where can I see Gift Card reports?

👉 Click Reply below to ask your question and we’ll answer every question on 15th October! 🎁

GiftCards-Jenny_9725_JN_01_Medium.jpg

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Thank you for joining us today for the Live Q&A about Square Gift Cards!

If you’re new to Square, or you’re considering using Gift Cards for the first time, check out this video for the steps to set up and order your gift cards. It’s quick and easy to get started! 

You can order Gift Cards from your online Square Dashboard and we have holiday starter packs with themed cards so you can get ahead of the holiday rush! 😌 If you’re planning to use Gift Cards year-round, you can order custom Gift Cards with your business logo or business name. 

Last but not least, we recommend setting up your free eGift Cards order page to let all customers purchase from you! You can sell eGift Cards from your POS or you can sell eGift Cards online. Let your customers know about your eGift Cards by sending a free Square Marketing email campaign and you can also promote your eGift Cards via your website or on social media. You can also set up up promotional codes and discounts on your eGift Cards to promote your eGift cards during the holidays.  

Thanks for all of your feedback about Square Gift Cards, these are really helpful as we make plans for 2020 and beyond! 🎁 

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

How to retrieve deleted gift cards that haven’t been used yet

Message 22 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mhop1 thanks for reaching out. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you talking about eGift Cards? If the customer deleted their email that held the eGift Card number, you would need to ressend the eGift Card to them by locating the original transaction, clicking the blue gift card numbers, and selecting "resend."

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 25
Beta Member

Is there a way to add my website to the E-gift card someone receives? I had a few e-cards given for Mother's Day but the receiver (not the purchaser) wasn't sure how to get back to my website to redeem the e-card. It would be helpful if we could add our website or at least embed the website in our logo so the receiver has an way to navigate back to our website to use their e-card. 

Message 24 of 25
Admin

Hey @MittenBeach!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread for some further insight into your question. Feel free to add any additional information or thoughts on this feature request within that thread. Thank you! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 25 of 25